LegacyGT.com

Tribeca

Dropped my car off at the dealer today to get some things sorted out....i personally find the tribeca an ugly car....but i have to compliment subaru on their interior design....if u sit in it theres many eye catching features, but what i like most is when u close the doors, the whole interior seems to flow into itself....have to say i liked the interior but the outside is a whole nother story......anyone else got thoughts on the tribeca? not that any of us are going to buy it.

I like it. It's too expensive but something that size has had appeal to me in the past. The exterior took some getting used to but seeing it in person, it's not bad and it's growing on me. (more slowly than the new imprezas though)

The interior is gorgeous though, I agree.

love it. tribeca is cool. if subaru made another big forester, people would ask why didn't they do something different? i've taken the b9 for a ride and everything seems pretty cool. i personally like the looks.

Thought I saw one tailing me yesterday, but it was an aztek. I about threw up in my mouth after the realization. Also had a coworker tell me it looked like an aztek. I really wish subaru would have done something more appealing with the front. The interior is really nice though. They complete polar opposites and its already catching the pontiac stigma.

I personally don't care for the front or rear styling. It hasn't even started to grow on me, doubt that it ever will. If this is the direction of new Subaru styling to come, consider this my last Subaru for a while. Inside is fine. A bit small for an SUV. In the seven passenger I looked at the cargo area, with seats folded, doesn't make for a solid floor area which may make loading difficult. Unless you need to seat seven but want cargo room, I'd go with the Outback or Legacy wagon.

they had taken delivery of a few the night before picking up my LGT. My first thought was that was a worse call than the aztek. The rear end seems to be overly reminiscent of the murano from a good angle, and from a bad angle it seems to make me think of the hundai santa fe.. I guess it is the bulbous light flanges.

the 3 segment grill seems like a less tasteful spin on the saab grill mixed up with alfa romeo. It's like a bunch of me-too smacked about with an ugly stick. It's also coming to the SUV fight WAAAAAAYYY too late.

Didn't see the interior, so can't comment.

In today for free 7,500 mile service on my LGT (thanks to 3-year maintenance coupon bought on e-bay). Checked out the Tribeca in the showroom. In a word, Fugly! Fugly in the front, even more fugly in the back! Pneumatic double-door cupholder thingy is a thing of beauty though!

Put the console cup holder and the three-digital-dial ACC (and more intuitive software, and correctly placed cabin temp sensors while you're at it) in the Legacy/OB, and call it good.

Personally I have to pan the styling of the Benign Chewbacca as well. Not Gonna Do It, Wouldn't be Prudent!

i actually like the styling, in&out. but then again, i bought one, so it wouldn't make a whole lotta sense if I said otherwise.

no doubt the styling isn't for everybody, but for those who have only seen photos, reserve judgement until you actually check one out, looks different in person.

as far as the Aztek comparisons (i'm gonna have to make a defense here) the only similarity that i see is that they are both vehicles that vastly deviated from the the manufacturer's previous offerings. if you actually look at the two cars, you will quickly see there is no visual similarity. on the most basic level you are talking about two completely different design philosophies, square vs. round. (I know i am not the only Art History 101 student on this board)

but keep the honest opinions coming, i'm a believer in the theory that good design polarizes. if you build cars with styling that offends nobody, all you're gonna wind up with is a bunch of Toyota Camrys. (which i also like, BTW)

Me and wifey cruised the lot and she pronounced it "ugly" front and rear. To me the rear gate glass looked limiting.

The nose is overstated, but it's different and will catch on I believe.

Now to get a turbo six in it to overcome the weight penalty...

I'd have to say I love the Tribeca's looks as well, inside and out, then again, I also bought one for the wife. She certainly doesn't need a turbo H6, feels peppy enough, it's a SUV, not a sports sedan. It does handle like a good sedan though.

Unfortunately for those who don't like the grille, all I can say is, get used to it. I think it looks great on the 06 imprezas as well.

Sebberry, speak for yourself... I wouldn't wish the gawd-awful look of a Lexus RX330 on anything. I'm not a big SUV fan, and think there are some odd proportions about the Tribeca, but it's not bad. All I can think of when I see an RX is a Camry/ES with a thyroid disorder.

DKB

Thought I saw one tailing me yesterday, but it was an aztek. QUOTE]

aztec? no way! if anything, the tribeca looks more like the murano. i still like the looks and that new commercial with that song dust in the wind looks cool too! :p

...All I can think of when I see an RX is a Camry/ES with a thyroid disorder.

DKB

+1

We have done a lot of Tribeca's with clear bra kits as of late. When I first saw them I didnt like them at all. Now that I have been around them they are getting better

+1. No doubt it looks different, but if you really look at the sheetmetal, it is very well executed, it will grow on you.

Everyone is certainly titled to their opinion, that's for sure. But all I can do is sit back and laugh when a bunch of subie owners start bashing a car based on its looks. Look at the rest of Subaru's lineup, we all think it's pretty good looking, but the general public certainly does not. I see it on every forum, on nasioc, people bash the GTO, but love the STi, everyone bashes the Tribeca, but think the Forrester and Legacy wagons are great looking. Don't get me wrong, I love all of my subies and how different they look, but they are not beautiful cars, with the exception of the Legacy sedan and Tribeca (IMO of course)

Dust... (picks up sand) Wind... (blows it away) DUDE! (points at you!)

"We picked him up in ancient greece, there were lots of steps and columns, much like the cover of Led Zepplin's Houses of the Holy. It was very tranquil!"

I laugh whenever I think of the name "So-crates."

But my favorite has to be:

"Be excellent to each other... and PARTY ON, DUDES!"

Is there anyone who can't name this movie?

Archived