LegacyGT.com

Sways: Whiteline vs Swift

Claw

Have read good things about both Whiteline and Swift sways.

Which are better? I plan on upping the sways on my 05 Wagon to even things out a bit and give more of a BMW feel to the suspension. Have ION springs on stock struts at the moment.

Thanks!

Whiteline makes great bars, even with the one freak failure someone posted on here recently. I think I've used six of them on three different cars now.

Never used Swift myself.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Anyone know what size the Swift bars are and if they are worth the extra cash?

Who knows. Sounds like crap to me.

FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED!

Swift Stabilizer bars are made with the same material as Swift Springs. They reduce roll without overpowering the lateral traction limits of your tires. This provides drivers with the best of both worlds, less roll to minimize unnecessary weight transfer, and soft enough to maximize traction.

SWIFT DOES NOT RATE STABILIZER BARS BY THICKNESS. Why? Because most manufacturers use different materials for their bars and some use hollow bars to reduce weight. Do you think one inch thick bar of glass moves and reacts the same as a 1 inch thick bar of steal? Of course not. Hollow bars are even worst, unless you know the thickness of the wall of the bar and the take up (how much material is used) on the bends, you cannot use formulas to establish the torsion rate.

TORSION RATE? The best way to compare a aftermarket stabilizer bar for your vehicle is to compare the torsion rate (the measured level of resistance the bar provides against roll) of the new bar. We use 100% to the stock OEM bars. With this measurement you have a measurable factor you can use if you are setting up your vehicles suspension for maximum performance.

Why aren?t they adjustable? In Swift's engineers best response, the reliability and durability of the bar is the main reason. By using custom end links, one may make these bars adjustable. Some companies use threaded ends or centers to control torsion, while this does work, it also may create a weak point in the system which can cause the bar to bend, crack, or break off. If we flatten the ends and add multiple holes, you weaken the mount points to stress fractures and cracking over time.

The second reason is the engineering of the bar itself. If you have seen many sway bars, you will immediately notice many more bends in Swift's Stabilizer bars. We use the bends to control torsion characteristics and flex thresholds. This provides a vehicle with a very comprehensive anti roll system that can increase the performance of the suspension for both street and track performance.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Archived