LegacyGT.com

Water pump issues at 63k?

Hi,

I'm moving from NJ to PA and in PA there are private inspection stations. They don't have government run ones.

Anyway, without fail, I got a call from where I brought it to, a subaru dealder, that they thought my water pump was failing. How the water pump is related to a safety/emissions inspection, I don't know.

I've got an 05 LGT, no mods with 63k.

I couldn't really find any postings about water pumps from anyone else on the board which is odd. Usually when I search about 100 other people have had the problem before me.

Has anyone had their water pump fail on them with a 4th gen? And if so, what mileage?

Thanks,

Howard

It probably isn't part of it. They are giving you a courtesy in telling you this. Would you rather find out now, or expectantly while on a road trip with family?

Generally Subaru water pumps hold up for quite some time. I think I have seen maybe 4 or 5 in the past 4 years fail. That is kind of low mileage.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived