LegacyGT.com

Headlight Upgrades - NON VENDOR UPDATE THREAD

IDRVSLO

Scott has said before that he will contact people, and then may or may not actually contact you, but I did receive an email from Scott this morning. I just wanted to let everyone know that he did in fact contact me this time.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually did not think to check here to see if others were having the same issues.

I arranged the following order with Scott on April 8th:

2013 Subaru Headlights - New OEM 2 $275.00 $550.00

TRS Bi-Xenon Retrofit - 5000k / Clear Lenses / H1 Bulbs / 35w Ballasts / PnP Wiring Harness 1 $425.00 $425.00

Cleared - Amber Removed / New Sealant / R&I Housings / Shipping 1 $150.00 $150.00

Blacked Out - Satin Black 1 $125.00 $125.00

Halos - White / 95mm / LED 1 $100.00 $100.00

I live most of the year in Alaska and only use my car during the summer months in CO so I told Scott they did not need to be get to my CO location until mid May when I returned. Well, I returned home anxiously awaiting them as my gift to myself for the summer and I have kept waiting. I called Scott's number many times and always got voicemail. I emailed him and never got responses. There has been zero communication over the last 3 weeks.

Luckily, I did start a claim with Paypal prior to the 45 day period being over. In the initial claim, I pleaded with Scott via their correspondence to just contact me and let me know what was happening or send me shipping confirmation or tracking numbers. However, there was no communication with him through Paypal either. I escalated my claim with Paypal.

I spoke with Paypal today. It took a few minutes to get through to them, however the very nice lady took care of my claim right away. She told me there were a large number of claims on Scott's account and that he will no longer be able to use Paypal until all of these are resolved. She had some terminology for this but I cannot remember what it was. Anyway, this WAS NOT the outcome I desired... I really wanted the headlights, but at least I have my money back.

Scott and everyone else on here who is defending him all seem to be using excuses and nowhere have I seen something being resolved outside of Paypal. I do not care what is happening in someone's personal life, this is NOT the way to run a business...whatever the type. If Scott really was intent on fixing these issues, he would answer the phone, he would respond to emails and voicemails. There would not be some indeterminate time period when he "said" he would get things resolved for everyone. There would be results...but there are not any.

Anyone know someone else who does this kind of work and does it well? Especially interested in the Denver area.

Scott has not been a site vendor since 10/15/2012, and was requested to not take any orders from members after that point and to advise members that he is no longer a site vendor. This was confirmed by PM and telephone call to Scott.

That said, it appears that he has taken and continues to take orders from site members after his site vendorship expired, so be advised that you do so at your own risk. I am optimistic that he will make this right by everyone involved.

For everyone within their credit card's charge-back window, recommend you do this. Relieve Scott of the strain of having to figure out how to refund your money, and relieve yourself of the strain of worrying about getting your product.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Scott has not been a site vendor since 10/15/2012, and was requested to not take any orders from members after that point and to advise members that he is no longer a site vendor. This was confirmed by PM and telephone call to Scott.

That said, it appears that he has taken and continues to take orders from site members after his site vendorship expired, so be advised that you do so at your own risk. I am optimistic that he will make this right by everyone involved.

For everyone within their credit card's charge-back window, recommend you do this. Relieve Scott of the strain of having to figure out how to refund your money, and relieve yourself of the strain of worrying about getting your product.

So his vendor status was canceled in October 2012? But it took until June 4, 2013 to actually shut his thread down? With all due respect, what took so long?

And he knew he was not supposed to take further orders, but still did so, leading to all the BS a bunch of have been put through...and there's still optimism about him? Wow...

I did file with my credit card, and they've issued me a full conditional credit, which I fully expect to become permanent. Others may not be so lucky, though, having paid Scott from their checking account via PayPal and being way past the meager 30 days one has to file a claim.

Filing my claim with Citibank, though, did not spare me any strain - there was ample strain worrying about, then confirming I was being robbed. As far as sparing Scott any strain goes...seriously? I'm done, but I hope Citibank pursues him relentlessly for the money he now owes them.

Based on recent events, my opinion has definitely changed. I was wanting to buy lights from him way before this happened. Alot of great reviews from past orders.

Hopefully everyone gets their money back and is able to get lights somewhere else.

So his vendor status was canceled in October 2012? But it took until June 4, 2013 to actually shut his thread down? With all due respect, what took so long?

And he knew he was not supposed to take further orders, but still did so, leading to all the BS a bunch of have been put through...and there's still optimism about him? Wow...

Frankly, Scott assured everyone, including staff that he was going to renew his vendor status. That didn't happen, but orders were open at that time so we left the thread open so member-buyers, at that time, could refer it for their orders. Unfortunately, Scott continued to back-door business with members, many whom were referred to his facebook page from this thread, where they could put in their orders. That's now been removed.

At the end of the day, all we have is optimism, backed by solid respect for reality.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

At the end of the day, all we have is optimism, backed by solid respect for reality.

I was leery of PayPal'ing a guy on a forum nearly $800 in the first place, and when I saw the only quick responses he gave were the two invoices, my modest optimism quickly faded to (ultimately justified) worry and fear.

Coincidentally, I have some (totally unrelated) items listed on Craigslist right now - first time selling on CL - and for two weeks I've been endlessly fielding questions and dealing with insincere people.

Makes me appreciate eBay all the more.

I tried getting in touch a few times and he finally called me back about two weeks ago. He apologized and tried explaining the situation and assured me he would refund my money........that was two weeks ago :mad:.

It took him a while to refund me at least a week the first time and two weeks the second time. I am hoping he will come through for everyone but for some reason it takes him longer.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I ordered my lights from him and was very happy with the service. He then agreed to buy my stock lights so I shipped them to him 2 months ago. He told me that he received the lights and sent me the money via Paypal, but he didn't. I understand that you're working to get everything straightened out, and I sympathize with you, but you should have at least explained your situation to me. I'm also concerned that you told me you paid me when you didn't. You have my lights and I need the money. I understand this is going to take time, but I really hope this problem will be fixed without getting Paypal or the police involved. Good luck, Scott, and I hope to hear from you soon.

call papa customs in ct ship him the lights and he will do anything you need and lights will be sealed 4x better than factory and look however you want. he did mine

Tommy did mine after Scott butchered them and did a fantastic job. A+++

^How much do they charge to clear the headlights do you know?

I wana say his base price for clearing and blacking out lights is $275 however he has a LIFETIME WARRANTY against any hazing, leaks ect. Top knotch work !!

http://papacustoms.com/contact-us/

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Thankfully, my Mastercard issuing bank took care of my full refund.

But no, I've never heard from him otherwise, so while I have my money back, count me among those Scott never made any attempt to do right by.