LegacyGT.com

A-Pillar gauge pod installed with pics!

VaultBoy

So my brother owns a Saturn Ion Redline and he makes gauge pods for them. http://www.jcspods.com is his website if you wanna check them out. Anywayz, I've wanted one for my LGT for a while so I asked him if he could make one for me. He was able to make one and I think it looks really good. It is not covered in cloth but it is textured to look similar to the rest of the dash. We painted it both black and tan to match the interior so see how it would look.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo237/nyrm98/DSC03582.jpg

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo237/nyrm98/DSC03596.jpg

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo237/nyrm98/DSC03598.jpg

Here is a picture of it in tan-actually matches the factory cloth color pretty close-but I decided I liked it better in black.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo237/nyrm98/GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

If anyone else is interested in one, he is open to making them. He can also make it in a triple. If you are interested he has a user name on this site of NYRM98, or you can PM me. Now all I need are some gauges!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what about the airbag?

I believe the air bag issue has been resolved through another post on here. The piller is just pushed aside when the air bag deploys and does not come flying at your face. I make gauge pods for Saturn Ion Redlines, that also have side curtain air bags, and as far as I know, there have been no issues.

For those interested in a dual or triple pod-

Double pod-$140 Shipped

Triple pod-$150 Shipped

That includes a new A-piller. I would only be able to offer these in black or tan, and it does come textured as you can see in the above pictures. If you wish to have the factory cloth put on you will have to see a professional. Gauge pod holes are 52mm. Hope I can help some of you guys out.

I believe the air bag issue has been resolved through another post on here. The piller is just pushed aside when the air bag deploys and does not come flying at your face. I make gauge pods for Saturn Ion Redlines, that also have side curtain air bags, and as far as I know, there have been no issues.

I assume you are the brother of the OP. how much would you be charging for these to be made up?

The air bag issue has been resolved with a OEM pillar cover with pods attached to it, not with a complete replacement of the pillar. Unless you've tested the air bag with your pillar cover on it, I wouldn't say it's resolved. Might get you in to trouble if someone gets hurt.

will you be able to provide us with the kind of paint and the process, so we can match the other side as well if we would like?

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Oh ok... This isn't like a group buy or something is it? They don't need a certain amount of people to make them, do they? I just wasn't sure why you were bumping the thread.

no, no group buy. just was looking to get more info or pics. i am really just wanting to be able to color match the other side. i dont know if i would be able to stand having one pillar one color and the other pillar a other color. different textures etc... so i am wanting to be able to get the paint used etc... to be able to match it.

OTM.

No there doesn't need to be a certain amount of ppl to make them. I'll try to get some pics of the backside up later today if I can meet up with my bro when he gets off work. I know a lot of ppl, including myself, want to have the factory carpeting on the pillar and we tried using the carpeting that came on the pillar he used to make this pod setup and it's INSANELY hard to get the carpet to wrap around the pods without folding up. It would take a really big piece of carpeting and professional cause that stuff doesn't stretch very much. It's probably possible but not by an amature =(

no, no group buy. just was looking to get more info or pics. i am really just wanting to be able to color match the other side. i dont know if i would be able to stand having one pillar one color and the other pillar a other color. different textures etc... so i am wanting to be able to get the paint used etc... to be able to match it.

The tan color that we used in picture at the beginning of the post is the closest match we found to the tan cloth. If you REALLY want to have the cloth on the pod you will have to take it to a professional. The skill needed to cover the pods with cloth is beyond my abilities. And to tell you the truth it does not look that bad with just the texture. I guess it is a give and take situation.

i dont mind the textured peice. as long as i can match the other pillar. thats my only thing. i woudl like to be able to match the paint so i can tear down the passenger side pillar and make them both match.

OTM.

just got mine in the mail today. Good looking piece. he told me there was a couple of blemishes but i just wanted it. Was a little scared with him being new and zero feedback so i just wanted the piece. But i got it, i am extremely satisfied with it. I might try to get it apolstered ( spell check ). But communication was AWESOME!!!!!!!! leaving a postive feedback now. i will try to take pictures later. i just got home so give me a bit.

OTM.

Sweet. I am going to be getting one these soon. In the 07 with black interior the piller is a grey type color... Are you guys familiar with this color? Can you produce one in the gray?

Archived