LegacyGT.com

Rotors- blank or slotted?

ible

I am planning to upgrade my brakes. I've already done tires but the braking still stinks esp. on a stage 2 car. I'd like to do pads (bobcats, HPS, or endless), lines, fluid and rotors. Should I get slotted or blank rotors? I don't track the car or autocross it. Besides the additional cost, what are the negatives to slotted? Noise, increased wear, dust, etc.?

Unless your stock rotors are worn, I wouldn't bother changing them. You are not going to see any real difference in stopping power, unless you track the car hard.

By doing paads, lines and fluid, you will see a huge difference alone.

what he said :)

I am really hard on my brakes and get them heated up quickly from slowing and going on the interstate. I have turned my Wrangler's rotors twice and recently replaced them due to me being hard on them. Only has 20k miles. Would it still not help me either?

I am really hard on my brakes and get them heated up quickly from slowing and going on the interstate. I have turned my Wrangler's rotors twice and recently replaced them due to me being hard on them. Only has 20k miles. Would it still not help me either?

I do not understand the question??

Would changing the rotors help in my problem? It seems the answer to the above poster's question was no, but was wondering if my circumstance may call for these rotors due to my braking.

Drilled rotors are from the old days. Slotted do make a difference, but only from a maintenance and rotor life standpoint.
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

DBA slots are very nice w/ the carbotek bob cat pads, ss.lines and motul fluid. To me it was a lot better! Had that set up on my old 03 Impreza TS wagon. Went from drums to rotors in the back as well.

Archived