LegacyGT.com

CEL tranny code ??

Hey guys I got my 05 GT 5AT on Saturday and I love the car. I was driving home from work last night and my CEL came on and the cruise light is blinking. I was in sport mode with my auto when it happened. So I was kinda pissed considering I just got the car. I took it to Auto Zone to see what codes came up. I got P0771 (AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SHIFT SOLENOID “E” PERFORMANCE OR STUCK OFF) and P0700. I did a search on here and it seems that there is a re flash to fix it based upon the shuttering fix thread. I am taking the car to the dealership this afternoon. Should I go ahead and share the re flash idea with them or keep my mouth shut. Also I am no longer under the 36K mark so what will they do warranty wise? Thanks for the help in advance guys.

Sully

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

I think that i will be modding the engine in the future. What is the best way to modd up. Should i do certain parts in order etc. ? Any advice would be great. Also do you guys think they will cover the reflash under my powertrain warrenty?

Warranty Item....yes:)

As far as mods go...search a little to get others opinions also. If I had it to do over again here would be my steps.

**If I were keeping the stock turbo**

COBB Accessport (Purchase through TDC & get a Protune E-Tune)

COBB DP

GT spec UP & Header (TDC)

Lightweight Pulley

Transmission Cooler

Catback exhaust

High performance panel filter

I would wait until my 1000 mile break in (keep revs under 4k) before I purchased the Accessport.

Do the UP / DP & header @ the same time. It is ALOT easier & you are right there anyway;)

One more thing.....It is not a "power mod" but with another 50-60WHP & with over 320Ftlbs the car will squat very bad when accelerating hard.

Get a good set of aftermarket springs.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Well consdering that my car has 38,000 miles on it i dont think i have to wait for my break in LOL. When i get to stage 2 is there a noticable gain in power? My other car right now is a 99 camaro z-28 thats fully modded and its fast as shit. I love this little subaru but i would just like some more pep.

Noticeable gain.....YOU BET!

Here are a few #'s to digest...#'s will vary of coarse;)

Stock Whp.....190 Stg II Protune.....250

Stock Ftlb.......205 Stg II Protune....320+

Not to mention a MUCH flatter TQ curve.

Stock 0-60.....6.1 Stg II Protune....4.8

Stock 1/4......14.5 Stg II Protune....13.4

**acceleration #'s are done with a 2500 brake TQ launch**

Check under vendors for TDC....Jon is who you will be dealing with.

If you turn the wrench yourself the total cost will be around.....2600 including the Protune.

Jon may be able to give you a package deal though:)

The mods I listed are not the cheapest by ANY means...but they do put up some of the best #'s.

If you went with more of a budget approach....It could be done for about 2,200.

It would cost you a little in Hp & Tq #'s but not anything huge;)

Archived