LegacyGT.com

Which AP map should I use?

Snowferno

Just installed the BNR16g, Invidia Catted DP, GrimmSpeed Catless UP, on my 05LGT. Got my Accessport in the mail yesterday, and am scheduled to get ProTuned next Saturday. Is there a map I could flash for the time between now and the tune that would be safe to use?

• Moderators

Probably the stage 2, 91 octane map. Continue to put 93 octane in though.

Best thing you can do is probably drive the car as little as possible and stay out of boost and you should be fine until Saturday.

DONT flog it until you are tuned please!!!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Yeah I've just been driving to and from work staying under 2-2.5k rpms. I don't plan on WOT pulls untill after the tune but was wondering if the stage 2 91 map would allow me to atleast boost a little it takes forever to get up to 55mph at 2k rpms lol

• Moderators
...was wondering if the stage 2 91 map would allow me to atleast boost a little

Your right foot should allow you to boost with whatever map you load, your brain should be adequate for overriding the urge to make that happen until saturday, tho.

You'll thank yourself once you're tuned properly, putting down a lot more power than you are used to, and doing so without having to worry about whether you screwed something up because you couldn't stay off the throttle for 5 more days.

Good luck :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I am staying out of boost at all costs right now, it's just so hard that I have to let off the pedal as soon as that sweet spool starts getting audible! My stock turbo had a seized wastegate bushing. So there was a tiny gap that I guess didn't seal off properly and wouldn't pressurize. So ever since I bought the legacy there has been absolutely no sign of any audible turbo noises (I've only had it for a little over a month). I used to have a 99 eclipse GSX that spooled incredibly loud. I have missed that car every single day after I traded it in for an 07 impreza (because I was saving for a WRX but some one crashed into my temporary beater). Drove the impreza for 3 years and finally traded it in for an 05 LGT LTD. so now it's been roughly four years of dealing with boost withdrawals and it's driving me crazy that my once silent LGT is now resurrected with a new 16g and is teasing me with all the little sounds I've been missing for years! But you guys are right I just need to continue to hold strong IT'S ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS! Thanks for helping me through this boost addiction LOL

Archived