LegacyGT.com

Grounding mod

I know its been done before and discussed heavily, but I am looking to do it here soon and have a few questions. What should you all ground?!! I'm thinking alternator, fuel injectors, throttle body, passenger strut, and chassis. Can and how do you ground the tranny? I drive a 4eat and being electronic am guessing a better ground should help with shifts. Also should I ground the distributer as well or will that mess stuff up?

Can't tell what car you have. The small braided wire that Subaru uses may be sufficient but it leaves room for improvement.

Google and you will see alternatives. Just replace the factory ones with larger gauge wire and clean the contact points.

Distributor?, what do you have?

BTW didn't you ask this before?

O.

• I Donated
The cable that came with the car is sufficient for any and all grounding issues. It typically attaches from the engine block/heads to the body.

Are you serious?

The stock grounding system sucks.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ya stock grounding sucks, especially when you have high demand electrical components. And just the stock ignition coil. Is that fine to ground? and meant to ask where can i ground the auto trans? And actually I think I did Osei, but it was probably when I was a little tike and had no experience with electronics lol

The so called grounding mod is incomplete. For the maximum benefit to your electrical system you should perform the big 3 upgrade.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~73496~PN~1

Ground the distributor??? Hmm---Nah. I'll let someone else chime in on that one:).

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Oh quick question. I am in school and am planning changing out my alternator and all the wire this weekend when I return home. So where is our chassis ground lol? If someone could post a pic please, or let me know the stock one if it is easy, or a good alternate. I am running 0 ga wire so it needs to be good one. Thanks.

Archived