LegacyGT.com

New 2005-2006 Legacy GT and Outback XT SF Intake Maps Now Available

COBB Tuning

http://blogs.cobbtuning.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/accessport-lgt-oxt.jpg

COBB Tuning SF Intake calibrations are now available for your 2005-2006 Legacy GT and Outback XT! The new Stage 1+SF or Stage 2+SF maps can be downloaded from the Off-The-Shelf Map Database for your specific model year and octane level. Then you can easily transfer them to your AccessPORT using AP Manager and Reflash your car in only a few minutes. These new maps utilize a custom MAF calibration to get the full performance out of the COBB Tuning SF intake for your manual or automatic transmission Legacy GT or Outback XT. As always, if you have any questions, please call us at 866-922-3059 or email tech@cobbtuning.com.

I need to ask...why the sudden change to SF specific maps? In the past, Cobb advertised that OTS maps were for stock intakes OR SF intakes. Is there a change in the SF intake or is the scaling far off from stock?

I've scaled this intake on a couple different occasions. I have a lot of data around 4.4 and 4.5 volts as that is where my car maxes out in different weather. That area needed to be about 12% higher than stock for reference. Most of my cruise range is within a percent or 2 of stock.

That 10-12% off at higher rpms isn't a huge deal if using conservative or near stock open loop fueling, it even adds a bit of power as it leans it out some. Still it's better to have the intake more dialed in, and then actually lean out the open loop fuel table to get a more desired afr.

The MAF scaling might apply to a different intake, but you'll need a wideband and some monitoring to verify it will work properly or not. We highly recommend using these maps only with the COBB SF Intake.

The new maps were created to properly scale the MAF sensor. In some dyno testing, running tunes for the stock intake with our COBB SF Intake caused the car to run lean, so these maps will make the car run properly.

Ian

I need to ask...why the sudden change to SF specific maps? In the past, Cobb advertised that OTS maps were for stock intakes OR SF intakes. Is there a change in the SF intake or is the scaling far off from stock?

:confused: Really, Cobb said they could use the same map on the stock or aftermarket Cobb SF intake? :eek:

I meticulously scaled both the stocker and my current (Cobb SF) intake and the scalars are not the same. Was Cobb just content to let fuel trims crudely rescale the intake over time? What about the guy on crap 91 fuel who buys a new Cobb SF intake, slaps it on and starts going WOT before fuel trims adjust... scary.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Right now, the Austin location is only R&D and just doesn't have the space or manpower to dedicate to customer tuning and shop work. But, our locations in Plano, Portland, and SoCal specialize in custom tuning, parts install, and issue diagnosis.

What kind of issues was your friend having with his STi? We can definitely try to help diagnose what may be going on with a few datalogs.

Ian

ian@cobbtuning.com

He was logging knock, thats about all I know.

Not gonna lie, if he goes as far as plano, I will tell him to go to awdtuning... just sayin'

I thought you guys had a dyno and the whole 9yards when you opened in Austin?

lol

:confused: Really, Cobb said they could use the same map on the stock or aftermarket Cobb SF intake? :eek:

I meticulously scaled both the stocker and my current (Cobb SF) intake and the scalars are not the same. Was Cobb just content to let fuel trims crudely rescale the intake over time? What about the guy on crap 91 fuel who buys a new Cobb SF intake, slaps it on and starts going WOT before fuel trims adjust... scary.

From our review section: "The COBB Tuning SF Intake for the Subaru Legacy GT utilizes our custom design to maintain optimal flow while minimizing turbulence found with many aftermarket intake systems. This configuration provides the most consistent power for everyday use while at the same time allowing some audible performance feedback! . For your convenience, the SF Intake system is compatible with our Stage 1 and Stage 2 OTS (off the shelf mapping) provided with our AccessPORT ECU device.

The COBB Tuning Heat Shield was developed to capture the cool air supplied to the SF Intake through the factory intake snorkle. Constructed of 16 ga. Aluminum, the heat shield consists of a one piece surround, directional lid, and stainless fasteners that help reduce a loss of power that could be robbed from your motor by a heated intake charge."

http://legacygt.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=314&sort=2&cat=44&page=1

:confused: I guess all the guys assuming its the same have been warned.

Question: i am running Stage 1 91 with SF intake, Can i use the Stage 1 93 as realtime or i would need a reflash?... I had this question because i didn't see any specific real time maps available for Stage 1 93.

SF Intake maps (No realtime maps) - http://www.cobbtuning.com/AccessPORT-Off-The-Shelf-Maps-s/40100.htm#/v/accessport/maps/subaru/lgt/LGT-Maps-06-SF-Intake

Stock Intake maps (With realtime maps) - http://www.cobbtuning.com/Maps-Archives-s/70671.htm#/v/accessport/maps/subaru/original/V1-LGT-Maps-06-M-Stock-Intake

Thanks

Hari

let's take this scenario... currently i am running economy mode and i want to load stage 1 93... Will the 93 map from COBB site work as real time map or it needs a complete re-flash?... i dont want to re-flash as most of the driving is highways.

Thanks

Hari

Thanks for all the information.

Can anyone post the safe/acceptable values for important parameters in the datalog, i want to get a datalog and make sure its all safe.

Thanks

Hari

We got you covered ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjEGZ-4dsDY]AskCOBB - Subaru Data Logging - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the video... got busy at work so didn't try until last week...

I am having some problem here now... i am seeing lots of hesitation in the car around 2500-3000 rpm, this is in all the gears. once passed 3000rpm the turbo comes in and drives fine... there is no lag/hesitation.

I spoke with someone in AZP installs and he had asked me to go back to stock tune (uninstall ap) to confirm this is not a vacuum leak, the stock tune was actually good, there was little lag when changing gears in low rpm but it went away after 2500 rpm... drives fine in all gears.

I have tried both 91+SF and 93+SF maps, there is more hesitation in 93.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

HAri

Archived