LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

Yes, more towards 26"-28". If the wind hadn't of been blowing the green light on the Generac standby generator would have been buried. I did take a picture every hour from 8AM till noon. Even at 4AM there was not that much, may be 2-3". I guess from around 6AM to noon is when we got dumped on.

VT only got 6-8". But more snow coming Friday. We'll be at Killington for that day. I'm hearing may be a good dump Sunday night...I may have to use another vacation day on Monday...just stay in VT...wouldn't want to risk driving home in bad weather....;)

"Jealous - here in California the 4 year drought continues."

I have been PM'ing with another member whoes up by Whistler/Blackcomb there not having much of a ski season either.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How any of you have cars under 100K blows me away! Only reason I don't have more than 160K is I started telecommuting 90% of the time 4 years ago.

We just passed the 10-year ownership mark, and have just over 110k on the car. Lots of things are so close in the Bay Area, you don't have to drive too far. I have a 40 mile roundtrip to work, but I've been telecommuting 3-4 days a week lately. My wife's trip is like 12 miles roundtrip, and she has summers off (teacher). We do maybe 15-17k miles per year combined. That includes road trips to San Diego (2x), Disney (2-3x), Tahoe (2x) in the last 4-5 years, lots of trips to Gilroy Gardens, etc.. And lately, we've been preferring the LGT over the minivan every chance I get.. How do you put all those miles on the car? Tahoe every weekend?

When I was under 30 and single, I drove more than I do now.. Then I often did 12-20k miles/year.

Currently 246k and I'm more than likely going to have to replace the passenger front brake caliper again. For the third time. Noise, vibration, and the car pulls to the right when I brake. Also I get an err on the display, the turbo whines above 10psi, the oil pressure light comes on sometimes when I come to a complete stop, and the driver rear wheel bearing is starting to humm. Needless to say I baby her everywhere and don't drive far. Oh, heat doesn't work on the passengers side either. Annnd when it's really cold I can barely turn the wheel until the car is completely warm. That's it, I think.

Currently 246k and I'm more than likely going to have to replace the passenger front brake caliper again. For the third time. Noise, vibration, and the car pulls to the right when I brake. Also I get an err on the display, the turbo whines above 10psi, the oil pressure light comes on sometimes when I come to a complete stop, and the driver rear wheel bearing is starting to humm. Needless to say I baby her everywhere and don't drive far. Oh, heat doesn't work on the passengers side either. Annnd when it's really cold I can barely turn the wheel until the car is completely warm. That's it, I think.

Save up for turbo, find the power steering flush & o ring posts in here, how often you bleed the brake fluid and the heat may be the damper(can't remember the technical name for it) stuck shut

Sounds like your car needs some love, instantfury. Aside from turbo and PS, as mentioned.

Err on the display? Do you mean a check engine light? Better get the code pulled.

Oil pressure light is never good to see, but it should be something simple like the sensor or wiring. If not, it's amazing that you're still running :lol:

The problems with shudder and vibration under braking could be the caliper, but the LCA 'tennis ball' bushings are suspect as well. Tie rods, end links, sway bar bushings probably all could be replaced, too.

The heat issues could be as simple as a misaligned duct in the dash, do you get full heat on the driver's side?

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Err is in the clock display, the heater core is halfway clogged due to my own incompetence, had a leak in the rad and tried bars. The caliper is the culprit because the wheel is heating up due to the excess friction. Honestly, im surprised she's running also. My turbo has been making noise for around 4-5 months. This last year was tough money wise so that's why there are so many things that need to be addressed.

Ouch an aging turbo Subaru is a tough car to own with depleted funds. Hope you can get it back up to snuff before failure.

after being on this forum I believe they are tuff cars to own even when you have funds. From another thread "I think my wallet is going on another diet again."

185k, not sure how I'd categorize the holding up as it has a lot of problems.......but the mileage is high.

Passenger's side valve cover leaking.

Passenger's side inner CV Boot torn.

Blower motor whine.

Bad struts.

4th gear Synchro going south.

Power loss issue over 1/2 throttle (suspect plugged cat).

Still driving with the windshield that cracked when I turned on the wiper defroster last winter on a -20 something degree morning.

On a positive note the replacement turbo hasn't failed yet.

I rolled 142k miles the other day. Altho I haven't been driving mine much lately as I have a second car to drive and mines been a little bit of a garage queen this winter.

I hope to install a new turbo and trans this year, both sitting in my garage. Turbo has become a little whiny and I believe some oil has been disappearing. Trans is noisy and needs some center diff transfer drive bearing love. Need all new wheel bearings currently. Other minor odds and ends.

Still runs great tho, normal maintenance, had very minor rust repair last summer on left rear quarter, otherwise still a beast and blast to drive.

Where do you live that it gets to be -20? C or F?

Michigan, but that was exceptionally colder than normal. It was -20 F a couple times during the polar vortex of doom last year, the worst morning was -35 F IIRC. The car also puffs a huge cloud of blue smoke during a -20ish F or lower cold start, my 02 WRX (2.0 L) also did that so I'm not sure it's actually a problem or just a Subaru flat 4 trait.

Ouch an aging turbo Subaru is a tough car to own with depleted funds. Hope you can get it back up to snuff before failure.

after being on this forum I believe they are tuff cars to own even when you have funds. From another thread "I think my wallet is going on another diet again."

Have no clue:spin:what you guys are taking about:rolleyes:. Other then my Pantaic (Had only two part failures in 116k, DS rear speaker at 110k & PS rear shock at 94k). My LGT has been the most reliable car I have owned:cool:.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I'm only commenting to subscribe and see how high of mileage some of you others have. My 05 only has 63k miles. I am not worthy of any bragging here.

Damn dude! Didn't realize that. I rolled over 100 last week

107,500 mile update: Stock clutch is slipping; replacing it with a South Bend stage 2 clutch

So far, I have changed both rear wheel bearings, the timing belt and water and pump, and now will be doing the clutch.

I've mentioned this in the Tri-State regional forum, but has anyone taken preventative measures for rust on the undercarriage? I just picked up an '05 and will be getting Fluid-Film applied in the near term.

Let me put this question out there - how are your cars' undercarriages holding up? Any rusting there or in the fenders?

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Rolled over 162k today. Leaking a little boost at the TB, but it's too cold out to futz with right now :spin:

C'mon...Tightened mine, both ends (no more elefantz noys), while I was in there topping off teh earl and los vindshieltvasser fruid mit das silikonschmaltz...and broke a friggin' viper but had replatzment Valeo 24. All at 15F.