LegacyGT.com

exhaust fitment?

Ok so I swapped out my stock midpipe today with a nameless midpipe and the fitment from my invidia downpipe to the midpipe looks funky , I have never seen a exhaust connect like this and I think I may have done it wrong but not sure if anyone else that has a nameless midpipe could you show me how you connected it. I used a 3inch donut gasket from nameless so the round part I put in facing the midpipe and the flat end of the gasket just mated to my dp and it just doesn't look right and runs fine n don't think its leaking ,I just wanna be sure its did it right,

As for sound it is kind of obnoxiously loud now ,I have a catless invidia dp and nameless cat back with 5inch mufflers , ill see if it grows on me b4 with dp stock mid and 5in mufflers it was subtle but when I got on it the dp made a sweet sound ,now I hear more exhaust lol

IMG_0628.thumb.jpg.72a0ea00eb6ce71e248bfde783c6fc51.jpg

IMG_0627.thumb.jpg.3de77b3a6d4916bbae067a2b9c960b20.jpg

is that a donut gasket between the flanges? or a ball of foil?

EDIT: actually read the post instead of just looking at the pics. You're probably going to need an adapter if you want to use a donut gasket there. Without a lip on the exhaust flange to hold the donut in place it'll leak.

I don't think the installation was wrong, it's just the only option you have for connecting these two pieces.

If it's not leaking then let it be. If you need it corrected, likely some cutting, extending and welding is required.

Thanks gotthagt but damn it's sounds mean but so loud

I really thinking back to stock midpipe cause that was bearable plus sounds good when I open it up , or even contemplating stock catback with invidia catless dp n be sleeperish I have a few weeks to decide b4 my tune , but don't know how much hp I will leave on the table I really want around 300whp, a friend here with stage 2 invidia tbe did 295whp but clutch was slipping, huh decisions

The sound is all in the mufflers. I think I have the Megan axle backs (came with the car, can't find branding) and the sound is super quiet with the low bass tone that sets off car alarms. I recommend changing those as they will affect exhaust flow less than the restrictive mid pipe.

Yah the thing is loud with nameless catback

Do you guys know how much hp I will leave on the table if I go sleeper n back to stock catback or just stock midpipe or just put back my stock mufflers vs. invidia catless dp with nameless catback 5"mufflers

Yah the thing is loud with nameless catback

Do you guys know how much hp I will leave on the table if I go sleeper n back to stock catback or just stock midpipe or just put back my stock mufflers vs. invidia catless dp with nameless catback 5"mufflers

That might be too quiet for you!

I read somewhere on here that the catback may not help with power at all on the stock turbo, but if it does it's high in the rpm range. My tuner suggested that it might help above 5k, which is where I couldn't care less.

You could consider having a vibrant ultra quiet resonator welded in. I did that for my Q300 and it's reasonably quieter while still having a super deep tone.

That might be too quiet for you!

I read somewhere on here that the catback may not help with power at all on the stock turbo, but if it does it's high in the rpm range. My tuner suggested that it might help above 5k, which is where I couldn't care less.

You could consider having a vibrant ultra quiet resonator welded in. I did that for my Q300 and it's reasonably quieter while still having a super deep tone.

Just curious, where did you have it welded in? I have been thinking about doing this lately. I'm looking to really quiet down the cold start especially.

Do you happen to have any vids/sound clips?

Just curious, where did you have it welded in? I have been thinking about doing this lately. I'm looking to really quiet down the cold start especially.

Do you happen to have any vids/sound clips?

The Ultra Quiet is welded in just aft of the intermediate pipe/y pipe flange on the Q300 side... I think. Or maybe it was just forward of it. I'll look later.

I've never tried to get a clip before but I'll give it a shot. It might be tomorrow though.

It has a dull, low tone that I just love.

From what we know (source: fahr_side if I recall, I'm sure others can confirm), almost nothing.

Did the cold start quiet down much?

not much... but some. The overall sound quieted by maybe 20% but cold starts and coasting only by maybe 10%

Most importantly to me, the sound level at part throttle decreased by more like 30%, and the noise at full throttle and full boost is still pretty loud.

Just curious if there's any truth to this a friend is trying to get me to keep my exhaust as is

When I said I wanted to put my stock mufflers back on. He said it would restrict my turbo n wastegate and would have to work harder to push the air out n hence de-life my turbo n wastegate .is that correct ,or is there no harm to run full 3"exhaust with stock mufflers?

He rather said to Install a electronic cut out for my exhaust?

I've heard that the electric cutouts break quickly and tend to rattle.

A boost actuated cutout would be cool, however the consensus amongst more experienced people than me seems to be that the stock catback would not be a restriction on the stock turbo.

Note that this is not true on all cars, so your buddy might be right about whatever his car is, and even other turbo ej's, but ours is different.

Just curious if there's any truth to this a friend is trying to get me to keep my exhaust as is

When I said I wanted to put my stock mufflers back on. He said it would restrict my turbo n wastegate and would have to work harder to push the air out n hence de-life my turbo n wastegate .is that correct ,or is there no harm to run full 3"exhaust with stock mufflers?

He rather said to Install a electronic cut out for my exhaust?

Umm, I don't think anyone on here has used an electronic cut out (that I've read, anyway). And there are definitely examples of people using an aftermarket downpipe and stock mid-pipe. Most people go with axle-backs for the sound they offer, but they aren't a restriction and waaaaaaay downstream.

Archived