LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B Radio information thread

Deer Killer

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Search ebay for 07 or 2007 subaru legacy radio. I got mine from LKQ. There is a few on there.

I took a look, and that is the P-204UN with manual climate controls. The radio for anyone with digital climate controls is the P-204UH. I just bought one, and it cost close to $400, as most do.

Sweet. I'm going crazy with only the radio! My main source of tunes is my Droid running Pandora. I'm going to run the aux cable through the cubby hole. That way I can use the windshield mount for my droid directly above the cubby.

• 1 month later...

What's the latest scoop.

I have a 2006 Spec B.

I want to use my new IPHONE 4 in my Subaru... ( NO factory aux in)

What is the best choice I have...

I was thinking of finding a newer head unit that matched but then I read that my sub will not work and my steering wheel controls will not work.

I'm not about to add a feature only to loose two more.

So can someone update me with the current deal.... thanks

Your sub will work and so will your steering wheel controls. The hard part is actually finding a 2007 head unit as they put a sales hold on these a while ago. Maybe they've got more now and you can find one.

You really need to read these two threads you posted in. All the info is here for you.

Cheers!

I did read some... not all 40 pages of the ipod integration threads... trying to catch up and get some quick answers from some friendly folks... my concerns were due in party by what I read on these first two original posts... "subwoofer and steering wheel controls will not work"

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2007-spec-b-radio-information-thread-50364.html?t=50364&highlight=ipod+steering+wheel

Sorry for being short earlier. I was in a hurry. :D;)

Yes, it's a long thread.

That first post should be amended. Unless the '06 spec B has a different sub set up than my '05 GT has it will work fine. As will the steering wheel controls. I know because I actually installed the spec B steering wheel with audio controls into my '05 GT wagon.

Also, you only need the first part number listed (86201AG67A Radio Ay Up2 $450). You can also use the iPod Integration module Subaru sells with this head unit (https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_43&products_id=1479). I'm not iPhone savvy so I'm not sure what they mean by "2nd generation" when they say it doesn't charge it. I believe there are adapters that will allow charging.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers!

goneskiian!!!!

Thanks so much that puts me at rest.

I think some of the options out there are great but having the newer radio with everything built in is just too tempting...

Especially if I can hunt around and find a great deal.

Thanks for clarifying everything including that I only need the FIRST part number.

(What is the second one really for then)

$450 is the new sales price?

THanks again

Sorry for being short earlier. I was in a hurry. :D;)

Yes, it's a long thread.

That first post should be amended. Unless the '06 spec B has a different sub set up than my '05 GT has it will work fine. As will the steering wheel controls. I know because I actually installed the spec B steering wheel with audio controls into my '05 GT wagon.

Also, you only need the first part number listed (86201AG67A Radio Ay Up2 $450). You can also use the iPod Integration module Subaru sells with this head unit (https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_43&products_id=1479). I'm not iPhone savvy so I'm not sure what they mean by "2nd generation" when they say it doesn't charge it. I believe there are adapters that will allow charging.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers!

No problemo!

Not sure what the second part number is. Maybe the face plate of the HU? :iam:

I believe $450 is what I paid. It may be more now, if you can find it. Like I mentioned, they (being Subaru of North America) had a hold on these as they were running out of them. Maybe you're cozy with a local dealership's parts department and they can get you one.

Good luck and let us know how it works out!

Cheers!

Did you try any of the online vendors? If your local parts department can get them then so can the many online sites that are associated with Subaru Parts Departments like:

http://www.subarugenuineparts.com

http://www.fredbeansparts.com

http://www.subaruparts.com

Here's a more comprehensive list:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42243&highlight=online+parts+vendors

Of course it could be that the price on these have gone up since it was posted. That post was from nearly three and a half years ago. ;)

Cheers!

Edit: Looks like the price has gone up. Not sure this link will work...

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

Nope. You'll need to do what I did and copy the part number from the first post and then "Search by part number".

Edited by goneskiian

• 1 month later...
I finally picked up a 07-09 radio after getting tired of mine randomly switching to the CD. My question is to get the AUX to work all I need to do is rewire the i85 plug? If I were able to find the correct wire pins I could add my own 4 wires to the plug? The more I read the more confused I get(easy to do). Also does anyone know where I could get a hard wire kit for a AUX plug. I like the way the kit mentioned in the thread looks but does anyone know of one that go from the plug to the 3.5mm jack instead of going from RCA to female 3.5mm to male 3.5mm to female 3.5mm?

If you can find a computer parts store, the 6pin molex connector for pci-e video cards fits perfect. That's what I used.

If you hard wire a 3.5mm male jack, I just used 10' foot cable, works great, just had less connection points to fail.

I finally picked up a 07-09 radio after getting tired of mine randomly switching to the CD. My question is to get the AUX to work all I need to do is rewire the i85 plug? If I were able to find the correct wire pins I could add my own 4 wires to the plug?

Yes and yes.

Your i85 harness likely already has 2 pins/wires for a subwoofer that you can recycle (the wires dead-end in your car).

If you're certain that you'll never install audio steering wheel controls, then the SWC wires are two more you can recycle.

The downside is that you'll need to extract 3 of those wires and relocate them into different slots in the i85 plug. Some people find it difficult to extract the pins.

I can make a harness or adapter -- anything from a few extra pins/wires all the way up to a plug-and-play adapter that you can insert between your car's i85 harness and the 2007/8/9 radio. Recently, I made one like this...

348598154_Legacyauxadapter.thumb.jpg.ba8971800d3bfb048975ba57a2340dfc.jpg

Also does anyone know where I could get a hard wire kit for a AUX plug. I like the way the kit mentioned in the thread looks but does anyone know of one that go from the plug to the 3.5mm jack instead of going from RCA to female 3.5mm to male 3.5mm to female 3.5mm?
I don't know of any other kits with a panel mount 3.5mm jack (besides that IS335 kit, which I have available).

You don't need to use the kit's RCA Y adapter cable. That's for HUs whose rear aux input is via RCA jacks. You can cannibalize it for its 3.5mm jack, or toss it.

Yes and yes.

Your i85 harness likely already has 2 pins/wires for a subwoofer that you can recycle (the wires dead-end in your car).

If you're certain that you'll never install audio steering wheel controls, then the SWC wires are two more you can recycle.

The downside is that you'll need to extract 3 of those wires and relocate them into different slots in the i85 plug. Some people find it difficult to extract the pins.

I can make a harness or adapter -- anything from a few extra pins/wires all the way up to a plug-and-play adapter that you can insert between your car's i85 harness and the 2007/8/9 radio. Recently, I made one like this...

[ATTACH]88905[/ATTACH]

I don't know of any other kits with a panel mount 3.5mm jack (besides that IS335 kit, which I have available).

You don't need to use the kit's RCA Y adapter cable. That's for HUs whose rear aux input is via RCA jacks. You can cannibalize it for its 3.5mm jack, or toss it.

I don't know if my PMs are going through. If they are not can you send me a price for a plug and play adapter to 22802.

• I Donated
Has anyone had problems with broken CD changers? I've bought two junkyard P-204UHes so far, and both had CD changers that did not function. :spin: Whether or not this problem is common, is the CD changer component available separately, and/or do the 07+ Impreza/Forester or 5th-gen Legacy CD changers interchange? (I've tried my 05 changer, and it doesn't work.)

Has anyone had problems with broken CD changers? I've bought two junkyard P-204UHes so far, and both had CD changers that did not function. :spin: Whether or not this problem is common, is the CD changer component available separately, and/or do the 07+ Impreza/Forester or 5th-gen Legacy CD changers interchange? (I've tried my 05 changer, and it doesn't work.)

I picked the one I have now from another member on this board who did the JDM swap...it works fine. However, the first one I ordered was from a wrecking yard and arrived covered with rust and with disks loaded in the changer. I didn't even bother testing it given the condition and shipping these HU's with the CD's loaded is an easy way to break the changer. The yard I ordered from had an excellent return policy and paid for the return shipping.

SVXdc send you a pm about a wire harness

I assume your talking about me. Yea we got it all taken care of. I received his harness and installed the radio yesterday. The harness is top quality and looks like it was their from the factory. Quick turn around time too. I sent payment Thursday at 11pm and had the harness at my door Monday.

Yes and yes.

[ATTACH]88905[/ATTACH]

SVX havent been in this thread for a while but LOVE the adapter your creating.

Where on earth did you find the pins and the connectors?

I am an x-ray installer/service guy so I do this sort of stuff a lot, its nice to see you found the parts to do it right.

Great work!