LegacyGT.com

Wind noise on BE/BH

Anyone else have wind noise that is coming from the area next to the tweeter or used to have it and fixed it. I'm just wondering the best way to seal it better and fix the annoying noise. Thanks

i have it as well, also from my moon roof. if i close the shade on the moon roof i don't hear it anymore. the windows i have just gotten used to. i'm guessing it's a seal problem, but it may just be the way our doors are designed. (no actual frame around the window)

Haven't checked yet ( its 11pm), but there used to be a little plastic tab that guides the glass and puts pressure on it inwards to seal better. Check that.

No longer have my BE (RIP) but i had a noise I swore was from the moonroof. Got over 60 and it started. Opened roof and stuck hand out it diminished tremendously.

Every time I went to the dealer I asked for adjustments etc to stop that annoying

noise. Finally, the problem was solved. The clutch hydraulic line was vibrating against the firewall!!!!!! He pulled as much as the line would allow and when I got home I put a small piece of foam between the line and the firewall.

Never heard the noise again.

Worth looking in to.

BTW anyone want slotted rotors with Hawks HPS pads.@10k on both. PM me.

O.

^^ +1

I had the same problem and solved it the same way (roughly)

Open the window and the door, then "squeeze" the tweeter assembly with both hands. Having the heels of your palms at the "rear" of the mount (side where the window goes up into) so that the heals are closing the gap.

Gently apply more and more pressure, release, and repeat.

This will keep you from deforming the area in the wrong places and make it less likely that you might break something.

Archived