LegacyGT.com

My Car Is Getting It's 3rd ECU

Gohmer1

Hi all -

I've had the dreaded cooling fan issue before, but it just started happening again, several months after I had already received a new ECU! Sucks.

This time they say they're going to replace the relay and the ECU at the same time, per a TSB from SOA. Good times. I'm not worried about it because it's under warranty, but I really really hope this car doesn't have problems when it's not under warranty!

I'll have my car back tomorrow - can't wait. I'm not feeling too cool in the LL Bean Forrester they gave me.

Garret

• 2 weeks later...
What is the dreaded cooling fan issue? I have notice my radiator fan is consistently on even without running the A/C, for some strange reason. With the fan consistently on now, my car sounds like a European car under the hood rather than being quiet before.

• 2 years later...
Hi all -

I've had the dreaded cooling fan issue before, but it just started happening again, several months after I had already received a new ECU! Sucks.

This time they say they're going to replace the relay and the ECU at the same time, per a TSB from SOA. Good times. I'm not worried about it because it's under warranty, but I really really hope this car doesn't have problems when it's not under warranty!

I'll have my car back tomorrow - can't wait. I'm not feeling too cool in the LL Bean Forrester they gave me.

Garret

Guess what...(if you ever see this) it is now 2009 and the problem came back. Relay is worthless and ECU is probably fried :rolleyes::lol:

So, 4th ECU for the same car? :eek: (I purchased Garret's LGT from him for anyone who's wondering...)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2291827&postcount=307

Archived