LegacyGT.com

05 intake manifold removal..

Hey guys like the topic says I have an 05 legacy gt and I am trying to replace one of the oil lines that goes to the turbo (the one that runs under the intake manifold) so I need ti remove the intake manifold.. I have unbolted every bolt and have disconnected everything that I can see yet the manifold refuses to come all the way off.. anyone have this problem any answers? Thanks in advance everyone

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It's not easy but I had mine off to install to new short block. Do you have the fuel ins off?

I know it was hard to lift when I changed the o-rings, and when I had the engine out I remember it was easier but still a PITA.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4748.jpg

Make sure you tighten all the fuel line clamps under there.

You may want to replace the o-rings at the TVG's too, there are a issue .

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 year later...

If you still have a problem, I beleive there is a bracket that holds the fuel lines to the plastic intake manifold.

I found it easier to lift the manifold with the TGV's arttached.

See pictures in my click here link.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

This is definitely true ^ there is a little bracket underneath the plenum of the plastic intake held in by one bolt if I'm not mistaken and it's difficult to access. Tgv with mani is much easier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived