LegacyGT.com

2010 Outback Official Reveal

Molal24

Looks like a 3rd OB is not in the cards for us...
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

WTF that is fugly. I thought the new Legacy was bad but this is much worse. No turbo offered. I have an 05 LGT wagon 5MT and I thought that the Outback XT 5MT would be a possible option for my next car. Nope. I guess I'll have to keep my wagon running for at least 10 years. Even Audi stopped offering a manual in their A4 & A6 US wagons this year! VW is one of the few manfs with manual wagons left in the US. Or the Audi A3...

Glad I got my 09 instead of waiting...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

No turbo means my next car just might be an A3, it's still years away so hopefully Subaru rethinks this approach. I don't like the side cargo area window at all, the grill looks bad as well but a mesh aftermarket/homemade one would take care of that.

lol it does look like ass. It's like Subaru is trying really hard to enter the luxury market but it def. ain't working... Subaru has absolutely killed it's lineup. I was planning on upgrading my LGT but looks like I'll probably be keeping it and buying a Chevy Tahoe now...

What happened to the turbo option. They offer one in the new Legacy. I wonder will this be just for USDM models and other DM's will get performance options. Like the dual exhaust cut out in the EDM and JDM models. Why do they do this? Do they think we can't handle it.

I do like the interior a little better and find the steering wheel absent the controls found on three spoke for the s# and info panel. I'm am always catching these when trying to maneuver in parking lots.

'08 OutBack XT limited - Satin White Pearl

AVO FSB Bushings | Ralli-Tek RSB | AVO Drop-in filter

What happened to the turbo option. They offer one in the new Legacy. I wonder will this be just for USDM models and other DM's will get performance options. Like the dual exhaust cut out in the EDM and JDM models. Why do they do this? Do they think we can't handle it.

Subaru is trying to better establish brand identity, partially by increasingly segmenting each product offering. So they are making the Legacy much more the sports sedan, and the Outback much more the go anywhere wagon. They want people to have a very exact concept of what each model is for.

In short, this is a marketing decision, and a pretty good one for the mass market. But it completely sucks for us! No more Legacy Wagon :mad: Sadly there just aren't enough of us to actually influence a darn thing.

Think about it:

We buy our cars as close to cost as possible, we use our warranties much more than most people, and then we do all maintenance and service work by ourselves or at a trusted garage once the warranty expires, instead of at the dealer. One uneducated Subaru customer probably earns Subaru the same as what 10 of us do, if not more. Whenever I go to a dealer it's the exact same thing: suburban mom, suburban mom, hot suburban mom ooh.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

the back seat has way more leg room and is easier to get in and out of

the new seats are way more comfortable than the old ones

i hate the grill but in general it is nicer looking in person

No turbo means my next car just might be an A3, it's still years away so hopefully Subaru rethinks this approach. I don't like the side cargo area window at all, the grill looks bad as well but a mesh aftermarket/homemade one would take care of that.

Me too. If Subaru doesn't offer a Turbocharged station wagon with a manual transmission when I am looking for my next car (5 to 7 years...), then goodbye Subaru and hello Germany.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Why on earth would you remove the turbo outback and but then add a 6 speed manual transmission onto the 2.5i wagon??

WTF...yeah I can see a whole bunch of people really want a 6 speed manual 133 wheel horsepower wagon...geez Subaru

I would have preferred the 6MT in my car. That's about the only thing the new Outback has that I'd want.

I mean the 6MT is nice...but on a car with 133 wheel horse power it is just not something desireable.

Now what they should have done is boost the horsepower on the wagon like they did on everything else.

265 Horsepower Turbo Charged Outback Wagon with 6MT...now we are talking...but no....this company just prefers to go conservative....i hate it...i sent them numerous emails telling them to become bolder. But Subaru just does not listen. They want to be the car company for grandmas and grandpas. That appears to be how they see themselves and there is nothing we can do to chage that.

Archived