LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light Flashes Rapidly (Solved)

Last week my Check Engine Light came on and was flashing. As soon as the car is in motion the light flashes at a really rapid rate. On top of that, whenever I turn the engine off but leave the car on, the radiator fan would come on and off. But car seems to drive fine.

Took it to the dealership, only took them 3 hours to find out what the problem was.

Basically there are 2 plugs right below the passenger side under the glove box, 1 male and 1 female. They are suppose to be left unplugged! I recall a few days earlier that I plugged them in figured they are supposed to be plugged in.

The service manager informed me that is something that was left plugged in from the manufacturer, and unlplugged once it arrives at the dealership. I asked him if there is anything wrong with the car he said everything is fine, except that the car has to relearn the way I drive. So bascially he tells me that this plug has to do with something with the way your car learns the way you drive it.

I'd figured this will be helpful to other memebers. If you see a set of green plugs hanging below the glove box, LEAVE IT ALONE!, unless you want the computer to relearn your new driving style.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Those green plugs are connected for reflashing your base maps with either AccessPort or EcuTeK then disconnected when done reflashing.

+1 also used for diagnostic check at the dealer.

• 1 month later...

Bump!

Interesting. I just was taking apart my interior looking around and I just found those plugs unconnected. I was just about to re-connect them, but I decided to do a search here first :lol:

Thanks for saving me the headache :D

• 10 years later...
Thank you so much for this, when i went to drive earlier in the day i saw them unplugged and reconnected them, drove to my destination all fine, went to drive home and the CEL was blinking and i shat a brick. Saw your post, went out and disconnected them and voila so thank you for your post.

WOW !

Its been 15 years ago on this one?

Time goes fast and boostin' if you're having fun ain't it?

You better go back to school. 2016 - 2005 = 11, that is not 15.

;)

But yea, wow, I thought we all knew what those green connectors are for. But I guess as more of these cars are bought as used cars...new owners have to learn.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived