LegacyGT.com

07 Radio problems

BigJack

Im starting to get a bit frustrated with my car...Rattles....glove box sounds like its about to fall out and now my radio keeps losing the presets...every other day i get in and the cd i have in is hanging out and all my settings are gone. Must be the radio because my clock and other stuff is fine. Oh well ...gonna be a long day at the dealer soon when i go in for oil change.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same with my 07. 400 miles now and the presets are gone every morning. Sure it has been -10 degrees F for about a week but the car should not loose presets. The car is driven for about half hour each commute. It is parked in a garage as well. My last car and my current other cars (both Hondas) have never lost presets. It is irritating. There is like 36 stations that I preset. I finally just wrote them on paper so I can reset them easier. When I go in for my plates, I will mention it to them. This has got to be fixed or I will go mad!

**I resorted to not presetting anymore stations till it is resolved... Too much work.

Wow between this and the XM units draining batteries, it sounds like Subaru really screwed the pooch on the 2007 radio units.

Good luck and hopefully you'll get some satisfaction (and a free oil change at 3000 miles).

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

So take your cars in and get the radios replaced under warranty...

This is a known problem, I just had mine replaced and no problems since. All my radio presets stay and my battery doesn't noticeably drain anymore. They will probably have to order the new radio however so maybe call them first and try to talk them into ordering it before looking at your car. I doubt they'll do it but it would save you a trip if they do.

600 miles. Left car with dealership and they gave me a minivan for a rental! Anyway, I mentioned the XM install or possible the radio HU itself could be draining the battery enough so it looses presets. My car starts everyday but some mornings it is slower than it should be. They kept it overnight to see if it is a problem. It was right around 0 F degrees that night. When they started the car is was fine. They called me to come pick it up. I asked what the drain was on the battery (milliamps). Did they trace it to the radio etc...? All they said was they found a "memory fuse" possibly loose. So they reinstalled it just to be sure. I was like ok whatever. My wife and I figured that this was going to happen. I have never heard of a Memory fuse. I bet it was just a regular fuse. I know cars, I have installed engines and transmissions and rear ends etc... I know I have never heard of a memory fuse. I have had the car 3 weeks and it has lost presets 8+ times. Once the car is warmed up, I set some stations and it keeps them till the next morning. My older car has no problems keeping its stations.

I had my radio fixed a couple weeks ago and everything was fine ----- until this morning. I started the car, had the radio, seat heater, and wiper heater on. About 3 seconds after the car was STARTED, I turned on the front defrost and my radio flickered and lost the presets. WTF?!

So what does that sound like? So far it has only done it when cold. Could it be a short? I don't understand how it can be the battery if the car was already started so maybe the alternator is bad? I'm lost and starting to lose confidence in my LGT and wishing I had my WRX back. I'm gonna take it back to the dealer but I'm 100% positive they are going to say they can't find anything wrong and can't duplicate the problem. Any suggestions?

I kinda suspect the battery is dropping out or something during cranking....seems like if you get in and turn the key to the on position its fine but cranks slow when its cold. I will have to pay attention next time i start it when really cold

I have not had any issues with my radio, or cracking, and it has been pretty cold around here. My car also sleeps outside so it gets pretty cold.

Something is definitely not right with you guys cars.

X

---

This is totally unacceptable. My crystal ball shows there being a recall on 2007 Legacy radio units. I haven't had radio trouble, but the battery had to be replaced during my first week of ownership.

My radio was replaced at 400 miles and I'm still having problems...maybe a battery recall also?

I doubt they'll do a recall for the radio loosing it's presets. It'll just go into a common problem folder and they'll go back to the supplier and beat them up for giving them radios that loose the presets when the battery voltage dips.

I just started having the problem myself.

I doubt they'll do a recall for the radio loosing it's presets. It'll just go into a common problem folder and they'll go back to the supplier and beat them up for giving them radios that loose the presets when the battery voltage dips.

I just started having the problem myself.

The problem is bigger than just losing presets. From what I can gather, and I may be very wrong. The XM module creates short that causes batteries to drain. I don't care about my radio presets, I don't think I even know if my radio works (Aux in FTW). The draining batteries have caused people's cars to not start, including mine. This is causing lotsa brand new Subaru owners to be really pissed. Something has to be done.

The problem is bigger than just losing presets. From what I can gather, and I may be very wrong. The XM module creates short that causes batteries to drain. I don't care about my radio presets, I don't think I even know if my radio works (Aux in FTW). The draining batteries have caused people's cars to not start, including mine. This is causing lotsa brand new Subaru owners to be really pissed. Something has to be done.

The parasitic drain issue, if large enough, will prompt a campaign. I was replying to an above post that mentioned a recall in regards to the radio loosing it's presets. It's just a bad batch of radios.

It's really unfortunate that these things happen. Ppl spend all this money on a car (which is supposed to be different from others=better quality) yet ppl are reporting all kinds of problems after only couple of hundred miles/km. The biggest problem of all is that Subaru doesn't do Sh!t about it. My 05 LGT still has rattles. They always have excuses as to why it wasn't fixed.

It's really unfortunate that these things happen. Ppl spend all this money on a car (which is supposed to be different from others=better quality) yet ppl are reporting all kinds of problems after only couple of hundred miles/km. The biggest problem of all is that Subaru doesn't do Sh!t about it. My 05 LGT still has rattles. They always have excuses as to why it wasn't fixed.

The only thing that rattles in mine are all my cd cases. And, b/c of the ice, the roads are esspecially rough, and I still don't hear anything.

Yep....mine loses presets too. I called my dealership and they said "it sounds like a fuse".....now way dude, a fuse is a fuse is a fuse is a fuse.....if it is blown it wont store anything, yet when I park it while at work for 8 hours it's fine...just overnight I have the problem.

I don't have the XM module and I am losing presets as well. My radio was replaced at 400 miles and it still isn't fixed. Something else is wrong. I now have 1700 miles on my '07 LGT and it's going in next week for the same problem. The technician on the phone said it sounded like a short to him.

This sounds stupid, but I wonder if installing the "battery heater kit" would keep the battery from draining with the cold weather??? I know it's not a permanent fix, there's got to be something still "on" draining the battery.

This sounds stupid, but I wonder if installing the "battery heater kit" would keep the battery from draining with the cold weather??? I know it's not a permanent fix, there's got to be something still "on" draining the battery.

I didn't buy a $30K car so I could keep it plugged into a battery heater just so the damn thing will start! I park outside anyway with no access to power. Plus, what if you go on a trip and leave your car at the airport for a week? How embarassing.

My '02 WRX never had one problem and it is still on the original battery. Same with my wife's '03 Saturn Ion. Both still start like a champ. My wife bought an '07 Forester so the Saturn sits outside until we can sell it...we start it (in the cold) every 3-4 weeks and it ALWAYS starts strong.

Subaru needs to get their act together and figure this problem out soon. I'm pretty loyal to Subaru and until this problem, was planning on being a lifelong Subaru owner. Unless this gets fixed soon, I will start looking elsewhere.

I will be picking up my 07 LGT sometime this week. I will let you guys know if i have the same problem. It seems that it has nothing to do with the XM, so at least thats one thing down. Sounds like the radio is fine, so its got to be in the wiring somewhere. Maybe one of you guys can wire up a 9v into the constant circuit on the radio and see if that lets it keep the presets?

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

Archived