LegacyGT.com

pittsburgh dent repair?

planigan

Does anyone have any experience with paintless dent repair in the Pittsburgh area? I have two dings on my rear driver side door that I want to get taken care of. I called Dent Wizard, and they quoted me $99 for the first ding and then "they'd make a deal" for the rest. I'll get a solid price from the tech when I go out tomorrow at 10 AM.

That seems steep -- from what I've read on the forums, others are paying more like $50 - $75. So, if anyone has an idea of what I should expect to pay, or recommendations on good, independent PDR guys, please let me know!

Got it done out at the Auto Bath House in Monroeville. Cost $149 + tax to fix 2 quarter-sized dings and smooth some ripples in the one door. The tech said that the ripples and ding were a little difficult to reach due to a brace in the door (at the top, near the window -- I've read about this in other threads), but he was able to use an existing plug to access them instead of tapping a hole.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the end-result, although I was hoping it would be a bit cheaper. Didn't have much time to shop around though. I'll probably go back in the future, unless I find a reputable, yet more affordable alternative.

Archived