LegacyGT.com

What are my aftermarket exhaust options for a 2009 subaru legacy 2.5i

I am looking to put on an aftermarket exhaust, I'm looking to spend around $500.. I remember seeing magniflows under a different brand name but same product, I can't seem to find them anymore... Again I do not have an LGT its the base 2.5 i... Any sugestions?

The LGT exhaust is the same. you can get a catback for an LGT and it will fit. There won't be a boxer rumble though because of the equal length headers...think of it more as a honda accord with exhaust.

Those are considered the ebay brand and gimmick and GMS (same) are pretty much the same.....they have been known to have fitment issues with the tips lining up correctly in the cutouts. I had a gms catback and it never fit right....although inexpensive....I ordered a magnaflow cbe and will be here tomorrow, can't wait...

FWIW: www.subimods.com has the magnaflow cbe for $550....

The only CBE made for our 2.5i isn't really a CBE but a combo :)

First the AVO 2.5i Mid and Y pipe :

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/center-pipe-with-resonator-p-81.html

Then the AVO axle backs :

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/twin-mufflers-sedan-p-78.html

That is the one specifically for our cars very expensive very well built.

You can use a LGT CBE but Ive had the Magnaflow LGT system on my 2.5i and it was very loud even when I had the stock manifold. The best LGT system for a stock 2.5i in my opinion is the SPT system. Expensive again but very well built.

If you notice many of the LGTs guys add a resonator or even a third muffler to the mid pipe of the MagnaFlow system to cut drone and make it manageable acoustically.

Magnaflow's mufflers are basically giant glass packs... They sound amazing in my opinion, I did what was mentioned on above on my Camaro: Pacesetter Headers, Race bullet after the cat, Magnaflow CBE. I'd like to also note that it was a V6 and I got alot of compliments on the sound of the exhaust. My goal is to do the exact same to my LGT (Minus the headers... for now at least)

Unequal length headers are a must for Boxers though.

Magnaflow's mufflers are basically giant glass packs... They sound amazing in my opinion, I did what was mentioned on above on my Camaro: Pacesetter Headers, Race bullet after the cat, Magnaflow CBE. I'd like to also note that it was a V6 and I got alot of compliments on the sound of the exhaust. My goal is to do the exact same to my LGT (Minus the headers... for now at least)

Unequal length headers are a must for Boxers though.

Well your LGT comes stock with a UEL manifold which is what i replaced my stock EL manifold with on my 08 2.5i.

Is this the one you went with http://www.subimods.com/magnaflow-05-09-legacy-gt-2-5l-catback-exhaust.html? how much with shipping and taxes? Video Please;)!!!

That is the one. $570 shipped. ground shipping to MASS from CT was $20. If you choose to pick the item up at subimods, you'll have to pay sales tax on $550. Quality stuff, fit is good, just don't tighten anything down till everything is lined up, and use ramps under the rear tires to lift the car, the Y pipe fits under the control arms so it's easier if it's at ride height level.

• 2 weeks later...
I got my magnaflow in and installed it this weekend... sounds great except for a rattle when i first start going, i've tried tightning everything and it still does it. Any sugestions about this problem? thanks

Sorry, but IMHO it sounds kinda ricey! I'm not trying to be a hater but from what i've heard, 2.5i's shouldn't have aftermarket exhausts.

Unless it's like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmcMrp_1YRY&feature=related]YouTube - XO2 Mufflers on NA legacy with EJ20K exhaust manifold[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived