LegacyGT.com

Need new bumper: dealer or body shop

nyc lgt

Had an a$$hole clip the driver's side of my front bumper yesterday as he merged into my lane here in the city. The rear bumper of his Saturn barely revealed any damage, but of course he hooked my bumper cover and tore part of it off. I had nowhere to go and was only able to brake to avoid further damage:mad::mad::mad:. There should be an instructional video or something shown to suburban drivers as they come into the city to teach them how to drive in tight quarters, not that this would have helped this guy.

After quite a while of waiting for the cops to show up (to this admittedly minor call), I decided that it would probably not be worth reporting the incident as the insurance would just consider this a 50/50 lane incursion and fault us both -- we are both covered by the same company. I did not want to pay my deductible plus rate increase so took down his info and let him go. Maybe too kind on my part, but I chose to err on the side of simplicity.

So now I need to get the frobt bumper cover (and probably fog light) replaced, all on my own dime.

-Do I go to my dealer to do the work, or should I take it to an outside body shop? Is there any difference between the two?

Thanks guys. By the way, am not considering the jdm bumper as it would just get bashed by my park-by-touch neighbors.

At our local dealership we have a deal going on for the local enthusiast and they give us 22% over cost for prices. I can pick up a new bumper for 190 bucks so i can only imagine what the normal markup is.

Not really. We just had to tell our local dealer we spend alot of money elsewhere and they might want to do something to keep the local suby crowd from buying from them. So they give the OKSC (Oklahoma Subaru Crew) a discount on parts.

If you have a regal Blue wagon, I have a basically brand new front bumper cover thats collecting dust in my place. I decided to go the JDM route after only having the freshly painted bumper on for about a month. antny did you say $190 for a new painted front bumper? :eek:

Archived