LegacyGT.com

I want ......06 GT Wagon Cargo box, but....

stinkywinky022

I have been in need for a cargo box for my 06 Legacy wagon for additional gear

for this winter. The issue I have come up with is the fact that there is a high speen spoiler that when the hatch is lifted (to swap gear from rear bench to the cargo box will hit) This is an issue for me. I was hoping someone out there has the solution to this issue. Maybe just the right combo of man. and crossbar set!!!?? I currently have the factory subaru crossbars, they threw them ito the deal. I would like to get a large enough box on the roof so that it is functional. Hopes for a good road trip this year with 3 men and lots of grear. Please message me, send pictures, whatever to help a subee brother out!!

Thanks, Jon:confused:

Two things. I have an OBXT with the Yakima Spacebooster. As you've noticed, there can be a problem with the longer boxes bumping the hatch spoiler. I had that problem at first, but 15 minutes with a Dremel tool adjusting the travel of the adjustable box connectors, and I had it under control. The spoiler still bumps the box, but I put a small towel over the place where it bumps to protect the paint, and I can access the cargo area no problem. The hatch opens to 90% of fully open.

A better option might be one of the shorter, wider boxes. The Yakima SpaceCadet 15 looks like it would work nicely.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived