LegacyGT.com

Is my transmission going to explode?

imboden

I've noticed over the past week that first gear seems to almost pop out when I am shifting to second. It doesn't come out on it's own its just eager to come out when shifting...but not all of the time. Maybe one in eight shifts it just seems to jump out with a slight pull of the knob. Only in first that I have noticed.

Syncro shot? Bushing dead? Am I crazy? Will my transmission destroy the earth in a nuclear blast?

Just trying to get some info on what to look out for

Change trans fluid.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 4 months later...
I've noticed over the past week that first gear seems to almost pop out when I am shifting to second. It doesn't come out on it's own its just eager to come out when shifting...but not all of the time. Maybe one in eight shifts it just seems to jump out with a slight pull of the knob. Only in first that I have noticed.

Syncro shot? Bushing dead? Am I crazy? Will my transmission destroy the earth in a nuclear blast?

Just trying to get some info on what to look out for

Did you ever figure it out?

I just got my 2.5i 5MT last week. My first gear seems to be popping out more often and unexpectedly than any of my previous manual transmission cars. Is this normal?

I know it is normal for a manual transmission to slip it out of gears at the right revs, but never has it happened to me when I didn't purposely pull it out of first.

Is it possible that I'm driving without it not fully in first gear? Is that why?

If it's not normal, I need to take it in for this (and a broken passenger-side rear view mirror motor). :spin:

Archived