LegacyGT.com

I need a little help

first off i just replaced my alternator and thats a breeze i hated the price though. but my driver window is now un responsive. i dont want to replace the motor in it right a way and find out thats not it. so anyone else have any other ideas what it could be or is it the motor? thanks for the help!!!

Depending on what is broken it might be an easy fix. I suggest, since the switch isn't working ANYWAY, that you remove it from the door and take it apart. I once fixed mine by flipping a small piece of plastic around that had simply worn out on one end.

Take a 12v battery and run leads to the window motor and see if its good. Being in auto glass I've done this a million times over, if it does work, your switch is bad, it barely is anything else.

Just hope that you don't have to replace the window motor because the regulator and whole assy on subi's are ridiculous.

Good luck, I think it may just be the switch

Take a 12v battery and run leads to the window motor and see if its good. Being in auto glass I've done this a million times over, if it does work, your switch is bad, it barely is anything else.

Just hope that you don't have to replace the window motor because the regulator and whole assy on subi's are ridiculous.

Good luck, I think it may just be the switch

the motors canbe replaced without taking the full regulator out. ive replaced both of mine in my wagon with a bit of work. also, the motors are the exact same as the 97ish imprezas, just reversed. their passenger door motor is our driver door and vice versa. the regulators dont seem to be the same, but the motors are interchangeable. make sure you drop some lube on those gears.

In 15 years in the repair bizz I don't think I have ever replaced a window motor on a second gen legacy. Get a test light and check for 12v and ground at the motor. Can you work all of the other windows from the master switch?

well the switch will be here next week guys thanks for all the help. next i have a question does anyone have an exhaust for this car that they are selling i am having no luck finding anything.

The gears and pulleys in the way our frameless windows get super worn.

It would be a shame to replace the motor and have tired mechanical bits that break easy. Its just as easy to replace that while youre in the IMO.

But regardless, its usually the switch

I got a new switch in. my drivers window works again but not i can controle passenger side with it. but im fine with that for now. but i want a better sounding exhaust. am i going to have to piece together one?

Archived