LegacyGT.com

Megan Axle Back Exhaust

Ive installed the Megan and it is really pretty quiet without the silencer. My guess is that running with the silencer installed might be the best way to go on my otherwise stock 2.5i. The small amount of back pressure provided by the silencer installed could maybe benefit the low to mid power band? Ive got to say that Megan has done a really nice job on this quality muffler. Thay really do an excellent job packaging, wrapping and protecting it for shipment. Probably better than any other automotive product that was shipped to my door.

Ive installed the Megan and it is really pretty quiet without the silencer. My guess is that running with the silencer installed might be the best way to go on my otherwise stock 2.5i. The small amount of back pressure provided by the silencer installed could maybe benefit the low to mid power band? Ive got to say that Megan has done a really nice job on this quality muffler. Thay really do an excellent job packaging, wrapping and protecting it for shipment. Probably better than any other automotive product that was shipped to my door.

Just replacing the mufflers will have little effect on the backpressure of your entire exhaust system. I have always been taught the biggest restriction point is the CAT?

Leave the silencers out as they look very silly and the little more sound without them is well worth any 1/2 hp loss you might see.

looking to do an upgrade, just mufflers, what in/out is the factory exhaust? center/center?

Nope inlet is offset, out is center. Seems like 2" ID, possibly 2.25 OD. Just took a rough measurement on my exhaust sitting in my garage willing I smoked a cigarette. Seems like the inlet/outlet isn't even on the same plane looking at the muffler. Can take a pic if you want.

Actually seen a set of Megan axle backs on Craigslist in Conn for $150 the other day. I posted the link in the deals on other sites thread. Maybe something to look into.

Nope inlet is offset, out is center. Seems like 2" ID, possibly 2.25 OD. Just took a rough measurement on my exhaust sitting in my garage willing I smoked a cigarette. Seems like the inlet/outlet isn't even on the same plane looking at the muffler. Can take a pic if you want.

Actually seen a set of Megan axle backs on Craigslist in Conn for $150 the other day. I posted the link in the deals on other sites thread. Maybe something to look into.

Believe stock is 2.25" OD. Megans are 2.5" OD. The gaskets that come with the Megans work fine to make the flanges with no leaks.

Believe stock is 2.25" OD. Megans are 2.5" OD. The gaskets that come with the Megans work fine to make the flanges with no leaks.

That's what I figured, 2.25 OD. I measured the inside of the midpipe flange with a tape measure. Since both were on the side of me at the time. Didn't want to get into wrapping a string and converting circumference to diameter for a quick thing. Anyways good to know.

• 7 months later...
Running the dual Megans and no silencer and it sounds good.

Deep but not loud, no drone at all. If i'm on the highway I can't even tell I have exhaust but it has a nice tone when at low speeds from a stop.

Dual Megans on a 2.5i? What kind of pipes are you using for the passengers side?

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived