LegacyGT.com

Help please - installed rear sway but stripped endlink?

schneiks

On saturday I took to the task of installing my new rear sways. After almost complete couldn't get one end of the rear to thread through my stock endlinks - so unknowingly I tried to thread it in and ended up stripping the thread on the endlink.

Haven't driven my car since early Saturday.

Can I drive the car with my rear sway not attached at one end?

You might want to take the bar completely off to avoid any banging. Also when my rear bar bracket broke I drove with a Cobb front bar and no rear bar for about a week w/o problems.

I doubt it'll even put more stress on the front bar (potholes are probably much worse). Just don't go crazy around corners as you'll have a good amount of understeer.

just drill it out and run without a sway bar by detaching both ends.. you'll be fine, it'll just feel more floating when making a turn. Get the endlinks replaced as soon as possible. I use to run my BMW without a front sway bar (a lot of drift action going on).
Keefe

just to let you all know, I've been running with just one end connected (and the bushings connected) and so far the only problem is on large bumps in the road. every now and then I get a clunk in the back, but other than that I'm taking turns like a grandpa. I even put my hazards on over some train tracks today and took them at like 3mph.

Also, I want to point out that SEAN S. and RALLITEK have been TREMENDOUS in their customer service to me with this issue. Please support their business if you can.

Thanks!

Jim

Archived