LegacyGT.com

Fantastic use for trip B odometer

SO I consider myself a pretty resourceful person. I religously reset the trip A odometer with each and every gas fill up. Heck, I've been know to use my gargantuan arms to reset it on other peoples' cars while riding as a passenger.

Anyway, I've never really done anything constructive with my trip B odometer, that is, until this past Saturday when my life was changed for EVER! After completing a lightening round of multi-car oil changes, RC0032 suggested I reset the trip B and use it as an oil change interval timer. I never would have come up with that on my own.

I'm sure many already do this, I'm sure many have more important and useful things to do with their trip B odometer. But, if I can bring this novel idea to just one other person in the Legacy community, well, then the terrorists have won. Carry on.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Good idea.

I use my B meter to get overall mileage on the car. Mileage over 10's of thousands of KM's.

I always thought it would be cool to see a trip B odometer that almost matched up to other total mileage odometer of the car. That way I could show anyone that I was getting XX mpg over the life of the car and didn't drive it too aggressively.

Alas, I somehow re-set odometer B after about 30,000 km's and have since started the count back up...

I always thought it would be cool to see a trip B odometer that almost matched up to other total mileage odometer of the car. That way I could show anyone that I was getting XX mpg over the life of the car and didn't drive it too aggressively.

Only problem with that is the trip odometer resets itself when it rolls over and that resets the mpg reading. I found this out when I was looking at Trip B to see what the mpg was and it was reading in the low teens and the mileage on the Trip B was still in the single digits.

Alas, I somehow re-set odometer B after about 30,000 km's and have since started the count back up...

I had been doing that as well, but it resets itself around 10K miles.

i too reset trip with every tank fill up. and have always used trip b for oil change sence i got the car. glad to see you found out about it.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

I had been doing that as well, but it resets itself around 10K miles.

No kidding?~

Maybe I didn't accidently re-set it then! :redface:

I tell ya, I felt pretty stupid when I went to look at the overall mileage one day on odometer B and saw it all the way back to less than 1000 km's!

I was hoping that it would follow me all the way to 100K km's.

SO I consider myself a pretty resourceful person. I religously reset the trip A odometer with each and every gas fill up. Heck, I've been know to use my gargantuan arms to reset it on other peoples' cars while riding as a passenger.

Anyway, I've never really done anything constructive with my trip B odometer, that is, until this past Saturday when my life was changed for EVER! After completing a lightening round of multi-car oil changes, RC0032 suggested I reset the trip B and use it as an oil change interval timer. I never would have come up with that on my own.

I'm sure many already do this, I'm sure many have more important and useful things to do with their trip B odometer. But, if I can bring this novel idea to just one other person in the Legacy community, well, then the terrorists have won. Carry on.

UHHH, THEY GIVE A STICKER. i just add 2k miles for my synthetic.

the one way i used it was when i dropped my car off at the dealership.

in 4 miles they got 8.5 miles per gallon. yeah, someone was beating the hell out of it. worse that i have ever done and i have tried.

good idea until the dealer resets your battery - write stuff down

SO you're the one who takes his car to the dealer. I've heard about you. Do they eat babies like I've read on the internet?;)

Archived