LegacyGT.com

Official: North Central Spotted thread! Newbs see if youve been seen!

gfxdave99

Legacys barely exist in the south. I lived in Louisiana and Florida for my whole life before moving up here to Chicago. I believe theres only 1 or 2 subaru dealers in all of louisiana. Not to much use for awd down there unless your going threw mud or the beach sand, ha

Cross-post sighting from today - silver 2.5GT wagon with NY plates beginning with "DEY":

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12962&page=10

Sorry I'm posting this in more than one place, but I've got a good feeling that this owner is here on the Forums, given his upgrades - and I didn't know which regional thread he most often checks.

:)

------

Also:

Legacys barely exist in the south. I lived in Louisiana and Florida for my whole life before moving up here to Chicago. I believe theres only 1 or 2 subaru dealers in all of louisiana. Not to much use for awd down there unless your going threw mud or the beach sand, ha

I'm frankly not surprised at all. I'm from the south, too.

AWD takes its toll on fuel-economy, and as they face snow/ice conditions so rarely, it's no wonder that not many are willing to make the sacrifice.

And for those who need AWD/4WD for off-roading, trucks - even SUVs - are seen as much more the status symbol than would either a hiked-up sedan or wagon.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Ok, so whos driving the blue legacy with the license plate Brad on the back? Drove for the longest on the side of the guy, I know your around here somewhere.... in schaumburg

Of course all legacies when left to their own devices drive to schaumburg.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Ok, so whos driving the blue legacy with the license plate Brad on the back? Drove for the longest on the side of the guy, I know your around here somewhere.... in schaumburg

That was me. I actually saw you when i was on golf at barrington. Had to speed a little bit to catch you. I figured with your rims and tints and all you had to be from here. Nice ride I love gunmetal with a chrome lip. I want to get some but I don't can't find a design I really like. Plus I don't know how it will go on Regal Blue.

haha yeh, You just flew in from nowhere. Nice ride also, very clean. I was headed to go grab a smoothie down at the streets of woodfield. You stay around here? And it is a pretty cool feeling with a couple of legacys cruising down the street side by side :lol:

yeah actually I saw you there. I pulled in right behind you just took a different way in. Me and my girl went and saw a movie at the AMC there. Weird that both of us came from almost the same place and ended up at the same location. I was afraid you were going to test my driving skills. I just learned to drive stick on this car and don't know how to launch it or shift that great. So when we were at the light together I tried not to look over incase you wanted to go.

haha, yeh the light was asking for it, but i was just out for a joy ride mostly anyways. You should come to the all mightly smokey bones meeting Thursday. Im gonna show up for the first time, I cant resist some blue moons at smokeys. Think they decided on bowling afterwards also

I saw you again...blue LGT (maybe '06 model) with NY plates parked on the corner of Superior and Bishop in Chicago.

I saw him two weeks ago in uky village. I posted in the north east forum but didn't get any response.

ignore him, he'll go away.

silver LGt ('06 i think) heading north on Milwaukee where it crosses Ashland downtown Chicago, last night at about 8:30 or so. Fweasel was it you?

Negative. I was flying a helicopter in my living room at 8:30.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Ok, got a few to add.

Thursday evening about 5:30 pm on Bush Lake Road in Bloomington, just south of Bush Lake. ABP LGT Sedan crested the hill by the intersection just south of Bush Lake - I was heading toward the other direction, didn't even have time to wave.

Tonight about 6:30? pm on Weaver Lake Road in Maple Grove heading west, right in front of Applebees. Beautiful Garnet Red LGT Sedan. ;) I have heard a rumor that you might work at Medica in Plymouth.

Anyone?

Ok, got a few to add.

Thursday evening about 5:30 pm on Bush Lake Road in Bloomington, just south of Bush Lake. ABP LGT Sedan crested the hill by the intersection just south of Bush Lake - I was heading toward the other direction, didn't even have time to wave.

Tonight about 6:30? pm on Weaver Lake Road in Maple Grove heading west, right in front of Applebees. Beautiful Garnet Red LGT Sedan. ;) I have heard a rumor that you might work at Medica in Plymouth.

Anyone?

Wrong end of town for me...:cool:

Silver LGT with spoiler stock everything no plate frame and tinted windows at delta sonic at 59 and ogden around emmm 5:20 ish today i almost said something to you whoever you were
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Bit of a cross post, but I was too n00b to notice this sticky :)

Anyone here that I spotted in I-94 West around Brookfield WI on Monday, Mar. 20 at about 5 pm? I was in the white LGT base model wagon, you were in the Atlantic Blue base model GT wagon.

It was nice to have the LGT owner actually make eye contact and a knowing thumbs-up today... most of the LGTs I see have older chicks driving them and they'd probably think I was a psycho or something if I did that.

Also nice to see another base wagon.

Oh, and I also spotted a base model LGT Regal Blue wagon at the Brookfield Sears on Friday the 17th. This car had ASA JH3 wheels with Michelin PA2s on it... I almost went with the ASAs, and after seeing your car, I'm sorry I did not... they looked good! :D

Hey . . . saw a ABP wagon at BP this evening while I was getting gas. Gave you the thumbs up while I drove in. You were on your Bluetooth yaking away. "Nice car" you said. Indeed. . . nice wagon dude. If you are here say hello :cool: