LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

Hey guys, been noticing some weird behavior from my 5EAT with 170k miles lately. In auto mode, it would never go above 3k rpm as much as I press down the pedal feeling like it hits some kind of wall and sometimes when pressing the accelerator down, the rpm would actually drop? In all cases though, the rpm loves to drop back to around 1200-1500 rpm, which makes it hard for me to maintain a good speed on the highway. I am stage 2 and recently had it tuned and the turbo seems to kick in but it isnt fun when it cant pass 3k rpm.

Also in manual mode, while reaching the higher rpm (3k rpm or above) it seems very choppy and feels like it struggles. Would resetting the ECU and changing my way of driving help? Maybe i need to drive more aggressively?

At lower speeds and low boost (under 2700 rpm) the car feels fine, but once it hits boost and above 3k rpm it just feels weird!

Edited by aziankingz

Are you running an OEM recirculation valve on this stage II set-up? My car used to fluctuate with what the 'tuners' called " waste gate flutter". In all actuality it was the recirculation valve bleeding boost pressure that it couldn't hold. It made for some weird boost issues until I upgraded to the FORGE recirculation valve.

Once I upgraded turbos I then ran the Forge valve with the stiffest spring they included and used the additional 2 spacers (or shims) to make it as stiff as possible. I ran that set-up even when the boost was reduced to a 15psi tune for all daily driving.

Maybe that is an issue? If not, go back to your tuner and make sure all is well.

Hey guys, been noticing some weird behavior from my 5EAT with 170k miles lately. In auto mode, it would never go above 3k rpm as much as I press down the pedal feeling like it hits some kind of wall and sometimes when pressing the accelerator down, the rpm would actually drop? In all cases though, the rpm loves to drop back to around 1200-1500 rpm, which makes it hard for me to maintain a good speed on the highway. I am stage 2 and recently had it tuned and the turbo seems to kick in but it isnt fun when it cant pass 3k rpm.

Also in manual mode, while reaching the higher rpm (3k rpm or above) it seems very choppy and feels like it struggles. Would resetting the ECU and changing my way of driving help? Maybe i need to drive more aggressively?

At lower speeds and low boost (under 2700 rpm) the car feels fine, but once it hits boost and above 3k rpm it just feels weird!

Yeah it is the stock BPV. Idle is excellent and the tuner says all parameters of the tune and engine are great. I am on the VF40 running 18 psi. I thought most of those who goes to stage 2 keeps the stock BPV? Maybe i will get a video of what happens when driving. It goes to 3000 rpm very quick and i hear the boost buildup, then it is as if it hits a wall and just bogs arouond 3000 and 3100 rpm.

Anyone else having the lazy 1-2 shift? Most annoying issue about the trans. It's the one behavior that's keeping me paranoid about slipping clutches.

Same behavior in my trans. I also have the hexmods.

I'd REALLY like to figure out how to to reprogram the tcu to quit pulling all torque / linepressure during this shift.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

So....how do you launch a 5EAT? Like...properly.

mash down the brake pedal..

mash the gas pedal down ..

then your rpms get to like 3000-3500 let go of brake while holding full throttle.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

mash down the brake pedal..

mash the gas pedal down ..

then your rpms get to like 3000-3500 let go of brake while holding full throttle.

That doesn't mess it up?

I've been doing it like that, but not sure if that's right...

The only time I have seen timing retard from the tcu is when I brake boosted for a Long time the fluid heated up Enough.

During normal launch no. Just if your building boost for a long time on a car with huge turbo and not enough stall .

But what makes you say the timing retard during shifts ? I have data logged and have not seen it on the actual timming.