LegacyGT.com

How come my 2004 legacy gt won't start???

peelegacy

Does anyone know why i'm having starter problems with

my 2003 legacy gt? I've been having this for several months now.

My car won't start regularly like before. The only way for it to

start and stay on is if i add gas to it and hold it there. Usually it will stay on

but now it won't stay on and just dies. Normally, when the car is on and not moving the rpm meter should read 750 or just below 1000rpm, but when it finally stays on the rpm reads way below 750rpm. At first i thought it was my battery and tried several times leaving my foot on the gas just to keep the car on or thought something is draining power but the shop that tried fixing this said it wasnt and i was told i need a tune-up. But after all this, i still experience these starting problems. There are also days when i get the car started but then while driving and i have to drop the gear to neutral or to a lower gear it will die and i'm able to start the car back up while moving lol. Can this be an alternator or an internal computer sensor problem? If so how can i fix it and avoid these annoying starting problems??? Thanks all!!!

I'd say start by testing the alt to see if its charging. You should have 14 volts. If its charging correctly (and your battery is still good) move on to fuel. Make sure all of the injectors are firing and your fuel filter isnt clogged.

Archived