LegacyGT.com

Wire Tuck. Engine or exterior section?

Has anyone ever done a wire tuck on a Legacy? Not sure if this topic has ever been visited I have seen them on a few WRX's and old school impreza's didn't know where this would live.

So anyone ever done it?

Mr.350

Humm well I just thought I would share ya thats idea, Just wanted to share with the guys. Yea I still got the G why would I buy another Legacy haha...:lol:

on the g 35?

wait im confused. did you gett another legacy?

Mr.350

Okay, I have to ask...What is a wire tuck?Does it make your wires look younger and reduce wrinkling around the bends?

I googled it :lol:

IMO its more of a show thing, and it seems most of the members here are more a "for go" type modders. Seems like it would be a pain if you modded anything and had to access the wires or anything else that was tucked.

Looks good on a show car where you'd have the hood raised for inspection though....

but that's just my $0.02

I love the tucked wire look. It makes EVERYTHING so much cleaner. Unfortunately, it also makes maintainence a PITA.

As for having done it, I haven't. D-Money did it in his Impreza on NASIOC, and it turned out very well. Just very time consuming.

The G probably has a bit more room for tucking wires than the Legacy would. On the Legacy, you'd have to make judicious use of the fenders and the cowl, neither of which are ideal locations for wiring. I know the G has hollow frame rails fairly easily accessible after you pull the bumper off. A few holes, and some high quality grommets, and you could probably tuck the majority of things under there.

The problem with the Subaru harness is the three big connectors. You would have to extend every wire on the engine side of the harness, then bundle the wires and run them to the back of the engine and into the cabin. A TMIC would easily hide the bundle.

Another option would be to replace those connectors with NATO connectors, and extending the harnesses to the firewall. Mount one of the NATO connectors into the firewall, so removal is as easy as unplugging the cable. That's actually a pretty good idea, and would probably be the approach I would take if I were considering something like that. What you'd end up with would be 3 large black cables plugged into the firewall. Just keep the cables bundled up to their locations, and I bet you could make it look pretty clean in an industrial/military kind of way.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I get it now! I've actually done that to two of my bikes, and a couple of the bulids I've done on older Mustangs. I never heard it refered to as a wire tuck though. Good to know.Very clean pictures. No doubt it would look sick on an LGT.

Well said Bac5.2 I was spinning my head around away to do it pretty much found a solution similar to what you said. And yes the G is pretty much made to beautify and mod, car seems like its made to mod from the factory.
Mr.350

It is. There are so many different things that you can change to make them look awesome. The Z isn't as lucky. I've seen half a dozen G's with different subtle mods that all looked different, and all looked clean and classy. It seems like there are an almost unlimited number of subtle mods that can be done to make it look good. Everything from clearing different lights, to changing a few colors. All give different looks, and all look pretty good. The Infiniti M is the same way. I saw an M56 in Annapolis the other day that completely changed my mind about the brand.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

i love the way it looks but i dont think its functional. like for example i bet you its harder to hook up jumper cables or refill your wiper bottle.

and in my opinion (just my opinion) why would you shave your bay and clean it all up and they put a strut bar on a fwd car? most pointless mod....esp when you wanna look clean

riced out

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3203/3150105563_dca79eb77b_o.jpg

http://www.k20a.org/98specr/Post/Shaved%20Bay.JPG

Ughhhhh I HATE hondas lol. But yes very very clean. But you also have to remember those little rice burners run off pixie dust.. Most of the stuff Honda owners put on are for flair and the simple fact to brag about how expensive it is and how much faster it makes the car look lol. I'd much rather see a nice clean setup like that in an old muscle car or hot rod where there isn't as much going on under the hood and everything actually has a functional purpose. But just my .02. :cool:

Archived