LegacyGT.com

Dealer is ordering me an 06 w/ NAV

I've been to a couple dealers lately test driving 05 Legacy GTs that were on the lots. All of the dealers knew that I was only interested if I could get factory NAV and one of them actually called me yesterday to let me know that they were placing their initial order for the 06 models. He's ordering one to my specs (although I'm not actually obligated to buy it if it turns out that I don't like it) and it should be here the middle-to-end of July.

06 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

- Regal Blue Pearl Exterior

- Charcoal Leater Interior

- 5EAT

- Perimeter Alarm

- Electrochromatic Mirror w/ HomeLink

- Center Armrest Extension

- Subwoofer

- Navigation System

On the note of the NAV system, it's supposed to be identical to the one in the Tribeca. I'm heading back over to the dealer that called me later this week to try out the NAV system in one of those to make sure that it's not completely retarded.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Price? Did they give you any hints as to a ballpark? I know they won't be as discounted as the 05's, but was wondering if they'll be getting MSRP for them (especially since you special ordered it).

No, we haven't discussed that. My plan was to avoid all mention of price until the car is actually there. I figure I'll be able to do a bit better if they think they may be stuck with it if I don't take it. LGTs aren't very popular in this area, I've only seen 2 (one of which just popped up within the last week). Even if you count the 2.5i models, I haven't seen a single one in this color; most are the lighter blue or red.

I know I'm not going to get anything like Invoice minus a $1000 Subaru rebate but I figured I'd shoot for $500-1000 over invoice, that should be more than fair to both of us, especially since If I take it, there won't be any realy work in selling it (aside from actually doing the ordering).

No, we haven't discussed that. My plan was to avoid all mention of price until the car is actually there. I figure I'll be able to do a bit better if they think they may be stuck with it if I don't take it. LGTs aren't very popular in this area, I've only seen 2 (one of which just popped up within the last week).

I know I'm not going to get anything like Invoice minus a $1000 Subaru rebate but I figured I'd shoot for $500-1000 over invoice, that should be more than fair to both of us, especially since If I take it, there won't be any realy work in selling it (aside from actually doing the ordering).

Definitely let us know how that turns out. I don't think they'll swing that low this quickly on the 06's, but it's hopeful (and if so, I might hold out for an 06).

litkaj,

This is great news. This means that I should be able to order my 06 here in the next couple weeks. I was told by the company I am getting the car through(donlen) that the 06's go into production mid June, so getting your car in July would make sence.

litkaj,

This is great news. This means that I should be able to order my 06 here in the next couple weeks. I was told by the company I am getting the car through(donlen) that the 06's go into production mid June, so getting your car in July would make sence.

Did they tell you what price you could get? Let me know when they do.

I played with the tribeca's nav system a bit. Felt just like the one in the Acura TL, touch screen and all. and freakin SWEET startup screen with the Subaru logo. :)

Did you have to press that "OK" agreement everytime like the Acura?

Did they tell you what price you could get? Let me know when they do.

It will be invoice. Its going to be a company car, so any car we order through donlen is invoice. I don't completely understand the process, but it sure is an interesting way to buy a car.

Our MINI has NAV - no touchscreen. :( Everything is done through a rotary joystick....frustrating. I am used to the Acura system in my bro's new TL and my parents' last-gen TL.

Is NAV really this big of a deal? I mean, I guess it would be ok to have but this huge stink over it.. my god, do all of you get lost that much? I always know where im going, thats all I need is another "wife" telling me where to go.

-Tronix(old fart)GT

+1. It's neat as a novelty, but would wear off pretty quickly (to me).

... he started this thread to share information on NAV availability, not to rehash the old "Why Some People Think NAV Is Pointless" discussion.

+1

I think its cool that they are bringing the nav system to the US.. What I would be more interested in then the nav system itself is that from what I can tell it also includes the option to monitor various engine functions and status which is cool :)

And as far as retrofitting, every car that comes nav/non nav conversion has been damn near impossible. One guy did it to his TSX on the forum but it took a few weekends of work and A LOT of money... In the long run it would probably be cheaper to trade in your 05..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Actually, yes, I do get lost pretty often. Most of the online map sites give crappy directions for this area. I figure that with a GPS system it's going to be a bit more difficult getting lost. Even if an address is listed as being in an incorrect place, it would be very much impossible for it to tell me to turn after driving 2.8 miles (which would have caused me to drive into some water had I actually followed the directions) when in fact the turn isn't for more than 8 miles (real story, happened about 2 weeks ago).

Oh, and yes, I couldn't care less if some of you don't care about a NAV system. Like kenzo said, I started this thread to let people who were interested in NAV and the 06 in general that they could now be ordered and that the expeced delivery date is mid-to-late July. If you aren't interested in this thread, please don't post here just to crap on the people who are.

litkaj, did your dealer give you the option to order your 06 w/nav in a non limited trim? I want nav but not leather or sunroof.

My dealer won't comment on the 06's yet.

Bench, from all the reports I've seen, there is not going to be a "non-limited" version for '06 Legacy's.

Archived