LegacyGT.com

Discovered Group N LCA Bushing for Legacy

ifbiker

"front control arm bushings, adjustable caster bushings and KB pitch stop mount."

Can you be more specific about which parts these are? Sounds like very positive results.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the pitch stopmount is for the wrx and STI . I believe white line makes a version as does Agency power. Question is ,does the Legacy GT/Spec B use the same one as the WRX/STI?

Vacation Pics.

Also, contacted RalliSpec, they quoted me $118 shipped on both group N bushings... Cheaper than any urethane bushings I've seen.

Hmm. I looked at the listing of Group N parts again, and I am not seeing replacement for the rear bushings. Are you sure you asked about the right part? Do you have part #? (rallispec's or Subaru's).

When I first started this investigation I looked at your attachement from another post and noticed that the rears were not on the list. I called Rallispec on a long shot to see if they existed. Sure enough he has them and I wrote the Rallispec P/N at work. I'll post it tomorrow if I can dig it up. If I'm not mistaken the Subie dealer said he could also get them as well.

When I first started this investigation I looked at your attachement from another post and noticed that the rears were not on the list. I called Rallispec on a long shot to see if they existed. Sure enough he has them and I wrote the Rallispec P/N at work. I'll post it tomorrow if I can dig it up. If I'm not mistaken the Subie dealer said he could also get them as well.

Got the number?

I spoke with the Subie dealer yesterday, he has a querry into STi to get the rubber bushing part number. Its frustrating because you can see a picture of it in the catalog but there is no part number. If you want the rubber or sherical bushings Rallispec has both.

I spoke with the Subie dealer yesterday, he has a querry into STi to get the rubber bushing part number. Its frustrating because you can see a picture of it in the catalog but there is no part number. If you want the rubber or sherical bushings Rallispec has both.

What rubber, dang?! STI catalog doesn't list one. Of course stock Impreza STI bushing is there, which is tad firmer than LGT (and same as SpecB), but it's nowhere close to Group N or poly bushings.

unclemat...that sti site is NUTZ!! wall to wall eye candy!

This is interesting...a "OEM" GrpN LCA bush. I've got the AVO ver2 LCA bush and I'm pleased with it. But, due to it's design of "slipping" urethane "hats", I'm curious as to when they'll wear out of spec or eat themselves for dinner. I've got Marine Grease slathered around and in them...but that just holds on to dirt and little rocks for dear life.

If it was a graphite urethane, well, I wouldn't add any lube....but straight up urethane needs SOMETHING.

Cool findings none the less.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I spoke with Rallispec today, hopefully he will chime in on this post. He did say these bushings are Group N from Subaru and have the same mold markings as the current Sti and LGT bushings. I can confirm the STi and LGT mold markings are the same. He did not want to give out the Suby part number. Understandable since he has done all the research to find them and not wanting to give a leg up on the competition.

Group N bushings usually have the "markings", even part numbers on them as the softer stock parts... because they are made in the same molds. However they are assigned unique part numbers.

Part # for stock 08+ STi and 06+ SpecB bushing is 20204AG011. It's still soft, perhaps *tad* fitmer than stock LGT bushing.

I have a brand new take off pair (from new LCAs) for sale if anyone is interested...

Which catalog?

I believe its the SPT catalog. The parts guy pulled out his Subaru performance parts catalog where they show a picture of all the bushings. In that picture you can see lower control arm bushing but it doesn't have a part number in their computer system. My goal is to have them installed before July 4th.

How easy is it to remove the ball joint from the LCA? Every nut/bolt on the right side of my car has been a battle and I suspect this won't be any different.

Can be bit hard on steel LCAs - a pitman puller might be handy. Removing the ball joint from knuckle is also pain, unless you have an air hammer.

Thanks for the info. I have access to a puller, hopefully it will come apart with out too much hassle. Which is easier leaving the ball joint connected to the LCA and removing separating it from the knuckle or separating the ball joint from the LCA?

Thanks for the info. I have access to a puller, hopefully it will come apart with out too much hassle. Which is easier leaving the ball joint connected to the LCA and removing separating it from the knuckle or separating the ball joint from the LCA?

Depends on the tools you have. Both suck.

Except aluminum LCA where separating the ball joint from the arm (and leaving the ball joint in the knuckle) is easier since it's mounted to a steel bushing that easily slids out of the arm.

Edited by unclemat