LegacyGT.com

2 quick ?'s

1: What is the parking light switch on the steering columns cover for?

On my first Legacy I didn't realize I hit it and my battery died.

2: What is the curb weight of my 99 Subaru Legacy GT Auto w/moonroof?

It didn't say on Wikipedia but searching I found on MotorTrends website it listed it as 1,402 KG which would be 3,090 lbs. Is that correct?

Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm curious.

Thanks guys.

The parking light switch on the steering column is there so that people who haven't owned one before can drain their batteries, as that is usually what happens lol.

It's there because the lights on this car go off with the ignition, so if you want to be parked with your parking lights on, you use that switch instead.

I can tell my LGT is lighter than 3450 lbs because there's a 120 foot bridge in Milw and when it's really windy my LGT get blown pretty good. I drove to a scrap yard yesterday to get rid of some cats and I drove my car on their scales, I know the guy there so it's wasn't a problem, and with me in it, a 1/2 tank of gas and my tool bag its total weight was 3317. So minus me and the tools she's 3100 and some change.

That's a good start on a race car considering my Supras starting weight was 3650 and after gutting her and all of the added weight from the performance parts he sits at 3260 w/o me in it. That thing had 80 lbs in just sound denting on the floors. Be nice if my Subby has at least half of that to remove. Besides carbon body parts I don't know where to cut weight from this thing.

Seriously? LOL. I had a few catalytic converters and their up in prices right now. Had one from a 99 Toyota Avalon and I got $120 just for that one. I hate cats but I wouldn't dump one at a scrap yard. LOL Well maybe.....kidding.

Archived