LegacyGT.com

When was the last time you stalled(Manual)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahah great thread!

About two weeks ago when I was changing the oil, I forgot that I left it in gear so it wouldn't try and roll off the blocks. Great strategy, until I started it up, dumped the clutch, and almost put a legacy sized hole in the garage door :redface:

I'm learning to drive a manual with the thing, so it's a lot more frequent than I wish it were. That said, I think the last time I stalled was a few weeks ago. Now, the last time I let the clutch out too fast without enough throttle, almost stalled, etc? This morning.

What really kills me is switching between I/S/S# -- you'd think it wouldn't make a huge difference, until you need to make a left turn through an intersection quickly. Oops, still in I mode.

I think I've done everything described here within the last two months (the jogging girl more than a half dozen times due to where I live), except for StNem's -- when I accidentally dump the clutch with the car in gear, there is definitely no fear of it putting a hole in anything except my pride.

I can't remember the last time I stalled. It's been a long time. Now, if this were more about missing a gear, that i've done recently.

08 NBP Legacy GT BNR16G E85

13 WRB WRX. TBE & Tune

07 FXT Sports. Stock :lol:

Genuinely cannot remember. Must be at least a few years.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I've been driving standard cars for 20 years, the last 10 years I was driving a Nissan Sentra Spec-V, so I thought stalling was a thing of the past, until I took possession of my 2.5GT last week :lol:

I guess I need to adapt to the car :D

+1... I stall my car more than any other stick I drive haha. T hat being said, I stalled a couple months ago while coming off of a light while eating a sandwich haha

Stalled - couple months ago, lack of throttle.

Grinding 2nd gear - Weekly, clutch foot not in sync with shifter hand.

Missing a shift/gear - Once in a great while, trying to show off in front of ricers.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Stalled after I got my car back from getting tires put on. The tech turned the turbo timer on, which it never is. Got back home put the e brake on, put it in first, killed the ingition and let off the clutch and the jerk forward scared the crap outta me. I have to rip out that turbo timer.

A few weeks ago at a toll booth in the RS, not paying attention and was in 3rd. The guys working the booth laughed. I do it once or twice a year, always because I'm dumb.

I also miss 2nd gear every now and then....how the hell do you miss second?

A few weeks ago at a toll booth in the RS, not paying attention and was in 3rd. The guys working the booth laughed. I do it once or twice a year, always because I'm dumb.

I also miss 2nd gear every now and then....how the hell do you miss second?

I dunno. I did a clutchless, redline-downshift from 2nd to 1st once when I had a dogbox in my old car. Loud does not describe what happened.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Can I thread-jack to ask a tip? The spec.B is my 2nd manual car, but the only one with a properly working transmission and that I've daily driven. Unless I'm going very very slow, I tend to "hiccup" the 1->2 shift most times. I just get kind of a little catch/bounce trying to properly match it.

What's the trick for getting 1-2 smooth?

Practice only works if you can figure out the target behavior though. I actually had a friend try and help me and he couldn't figure out what I was doing to cause it. Just trying to figure out what I need to not do/do differently, so I can practice it.

Practice different techniques?

This is one of those kinds of things where responses will inevitably be "I just do it"

Archived