LegacyGT.com

Group N tranny mount

It's pretty easy. You just need a floor jack and a few tools. I did mine back in 04' with a STI mount. Made a huge difference when shifting. It takes a lot of slop out of the drive train. Just be careful you install it centered, some people were hitting the exhaust pipe with there mount. I didn't see that to be a problem.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Its fairly easy, I recommend dropping the whole crossmember when you install it. It made it so much easier for me to take the stocker out and put the new on it. Also its a good time to install the Group N crossmember bushings.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

• 2 weeks later...
Literally just finished doing this 3 hrs ago. Not difficult at all, I didn't use any instructions or anything. Once you get the car in the air, it's pretty self explanatory. As recommended above, taking off the entire crossmember will be your best bet most likely. At first I just loosened the crossmember to take the stock mount out, but to put the GroupN in, I ended up removing the whole thing anyways.

I installed the crossmember bushings, tranny mount, and kartboy rear bushing on mine, already had a Kartboy STS and front bushings. I can't tell you the difference between having the crossmember bushings and not having them because I installed them both at the same time, but with everything I've got on my car my shift feel has improved a lot. I'd recommend doing it all, you'll be happy you did.

You have to take the crossmember out anyways. The bushings are like $30. For me it was a no-brainer.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• 6 months later...

Archived