LegacyGT.com

Tooo looow?

STiSubie109

So just installed sti pinks on the wagon. Love the handling and firmness. Potholes hurt more and been scraping a decent amount on driveways/speedbumps/steep roads. Anyone else find that the pinks ride a litte too low? I was thinking of moving to swift/progress springs which I think are a bit higher or perhaps camberplates and give it a little raise. Feedback from anyone is welcome!

Your problem is NOT Pinks, but absolutely crappy dampers.

Pinks SUCK and BLOW on stock dampers. Work wonderfully on JDM Bilsteins for which they were designed.

I have pinks and stock shocks and it's not bad at all. Although as soon as Koni's are availabe I will be going that route.

I have never bottomed out or scraped any part of the car except for slight scraping of the bottom of my RBS lip on my GF's driveway. I've had these springs for ~ 18K miles.

Usually stiffer springs get softer shock dampning for the compression. You should not be bottoming out. You should have a stiffer suspension than stock with just the pinks, not the otherway around.

I raced moto-x for years, and this pretty much is true for any suspension on any vehicle......

The stiffer the spring, the softer you should have compression and the rebound should be stiffer. I'm sure the Blistiens are better than OEM, I'm not saying that. They probably have more rebound dampning, but LESS compression dampning...so.....you should not be bottoming out with the OEM struts/shocks. Does not make sense.

Pinks riding too low?? I thought they only lowered the car .6"?? You mean thats too low??

Guest subiecity
i have HnR springs on mine with stock shocks, rides soooo much better then stock, but in the spring im gonna upgade my 2.5i, i wanna keep the same ride height but wanna stiffen it up more, any suggestions for good shocks with out going bank?

Pinks riding too low?? I thought they only lowered the car .6"?? You mean thats too low??

That's the published spec (actually 15mm IIRC) but from the pix I've seen, I wonder if it's accurate. The thin USDM tophat thing might be the reason, effectively lowering the front an extra half-inch or whatever.

Archived