LegacyGT.com

Subaru OEM Plug-n-Play Bluetooth Phone Module!

Bicster

A friend of mine in the UK just picked up the installation manual for this beast (SEDEYA6000). It should work on USDM cars ... plug and play. If you plan to keep the OEM head unit, this could be an option for you.

It consists of:

1. Control unit

2. Command keypad

3. Microphone with fixing kit

4. Installation manual

5. User manual

6. Control unit connection harness

7. Radio mute unit

8. Radio connection harness

Here is the Installation & User's Manual

Interestingly, the instructions show a LHD vehicle. :lol:

The radio mute unit has a forward and reverse harness to connect to the factory sound system. Based on the drawing in the installation manual, it has the same number of pins as the harness shown in the USDM service manual. The key is in the same location. However, the illustration varies in that the pin spacing below the key is not uniform. The service manual illustration shows uniform key spacing.... I have not personally seen either. HOWEVER, it should not be an issue anyway, since reverse and forward harnesses are available, and it would be a splice job at the worst.

Unfortunately, no pinout is given for the radio mute unit harness.

The suggested mounting location for the controller is below the shifter, and the microphone goes on the sun visor. There are several suggested locations near the console/dash to mount the control unit, so I presume the harnesses are long enough to provide some flexibility.

If someone wants to be a guinea pig, I can arrange to have one of these shipped across the pond.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To save others the effort of doing the math, based on current exchange rates, excluding VAT, the price is roughly $337 US dollars MSRP. Plus shipping and import duty. I do know someone travelling from UK to US in March who can hide one in his suitcase.

I am looking for a guinea pig to try the first one (cuz I don't have my leggy!)

:needpics: .

I know, I know ... one thing at a time. I should get the scanned manual tomorrow, which has illustrations. Then I need to prod my friend back over to the dealership to see if they have one to take pics of. The illustrations should answer most of your questions though.

I think someone posted something about this a while ago. I remember seeing pictures and hearing about it.

That was probably me. The pics I've seen are all useless. Go to http://www.subaru.co.uk and see how useless they are! Or don't, since I just posted the photo below...

I bet Subaru's marketing department worked really hard to come up with this totally useless photo:

http://www.subaru.co.uk/IMGGB/WWW/Subaru_Accessories.nsf/NULL/24DDA262E05EAD7980256F3100415AFA/$FILE/SEDEYA6000.jpg

000OOOHHHH I must know more! who says acura TL has all the goodies? my cell has bluetooth it'd be awesome to leave it in my pocket and use it through the car.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Hmm, I may be interested in guinea pigging. I'd like more information on price, etc.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

I am sure that this option could only work with European o Japan HU equipped with extra CD changer input ...

As I posted earlier, when I was fooling around with the steering wheel controls, I was able to get the display to mute and say "CALL" so I think that this would work with our head unit.

Just FYI, with the controls when you press MUTE the display says "MUTE"

As I posted earlier, when I was fooling around with the steering wheel controls, I was able to get the display to mute and say "CALL" so I think that this would work with our head unit.

I wish you knew how you did this. The service manual doesn't show any call/mute inputs on the radio. It would be really useful info for anyone trying to use an aftermarket bluetooth adapter with the factory stereo.

Archived