LegacyGT.com

Car troubles: CEL codes p0171 p0133 and p0303... any ideas?

So my car just started reading out p0171 (system too lean?), p0133 (o2 sensor slow response?) and p0303 (cylinder misfire?) codes. Oh and it seems to be a bit down on power, especially when the turbo kicks in

Im guessing the problem is the 02 sensor but after looking through the forums I'm hesitant to spend $150 on a new one, since most of the time it isn't really the problem. Any suggestions?

From what I learned on here the front O2 sensor is the one that mess's with the fuel mixture.

You may want to replace that one first.

Then clean the MAF sensor with the cleaner for it, then think about getting the car tuned and off the OEM map.

Check out Mike's "m sprank" site, http://www.infamousperformance.net He can guide you on what you should do.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

From what I learned on here the front O2 sensor is the one that mess's with the fuel mixture.

You may want to replace that one first.

Then clean the MAF sensor with the cleaner for it, then think about getting the car tuned and off the OEM map.

Check out Mike's "m sprank" site, http://www.infamousperformance.net He can guide you on what you should do.

Awesome, thanks!

^If its running lean enough it will misfire. Have you ever done the TGV O-rings?

Yeah it's definitely missing because of the lean fuel mixture. And to my knowledge the O-rings have never been done. I've realized that the original owner of the car never did ANY maintenance on it, so I'm having to replace pretty much everything...

Archived