LegacyGT.com

07 LGT: Question about my A/C...

Whenever I turn on my A/C (I assume just hitting the AUTO button), sometimes it'll open up the vents for the air from the outside to blow in, instead of recirculating the air... why is that? I noticed there isn't an ON button so to say...just AUTO and OFF.

One feature i do like is that I can control the fan speed of whatever temp I set it at but the vent just opening by itself is a tad annoying when I know I left it to recirculate.

Whenever I turn on my A/C (I assume just hitting the AUTO button), sometimes it'll open up the vents for the air from the outside to blow in, instead of recirculating the air... why is that? I noticed there isn't an ON button so to say...just AUTO and OFF.

One feature i do like is that I can control the fan speed of whatever temp I set it at but the vent just opening by itself is a tad annoying when I know I left it to recirculate.

my guess is humidity inside. the auto is too freaky for me man. i dont like fan speed on 5. too loud.

If you hit the fan up or down button it will turn on at the lowest speed.

It's annoying that you can't turn the fan/heat on without the A/C coming on with it (if it's more than 32 degrees outside of course)... I want my standard red/blue colors and hard buttons/switches for the air control.

I wouldn't be completely against switching a 2.5i's control unit with mine if it were easy to do.

It's really not that hard....

Press AUTO, set the temp you want, the computer will automatically try to get to the set temp in the fastest way possible. Most times, it's right, you are wrong. Take note that design temp for AC systems is 15-20 degrees below ambient. So if it's 100 degrees out and you set the temp to 70, don't freak out when its on full blast for the entire trip.

If you want to set it yourself.... Press AUTO to turn everything on, then press the other buttons till it's to your liking.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

It's really not that hard....

If you want to set it yourself.... Press AUTO to turn everything on, then press the other buttons till it's to your liking.

that's exactly what i do.

i understand how the system works...fan speed on 5 or 6...but i just don't like it.

Hit the Auto button, then when you hit any of the other buttons, it'll disable that function from the auto. If you have hit all the buttons, it'll be in full manual mode.

In your case, hit auto, then adjust the fan speed to your liking. If you want it to go to vent or recirculate, just hit that button to disable that function. Typically, it'll only vent outside air in if the outside temperature is close to the interior temperature.

• 1 month later...

i understand how the system works...

I dissagree.

Stop and read "Sticky: How The Dual-Zone Climate Control Works" and then read it again. It explains everything you are asking about. Once you get what the system is doing it is great.

I am not trying to be a jerk, the sticky will tell you everything you need to know and is better then us answering a few questions.

Archived