LegacyGT.com

Bias moderation

Im just wondering why a moderator felt it necessary to call me out and place 100% of the blame on me in a thread there were three - four other people that were antagonizing me as well. I made a simple comment addressing my opinion of a wheel company (which iirc should be completely fine if someone posts up their rims for people to comment on) and got jumped on because other people have different opinions. So things were said by all parties and it went to far so a moderator stepped in, perfectly fine. But why is it that I get told to leave the thread or suffer a ban and nothing is said to any of the other people? Even now they are continuing to talk shit about me on the thread and no action is being taken. I tried to message the moderator in question about this but I either he has PMs disabled or I am to new to this forum to send PMs. Its quite unfair that I get told to leave and others (one of whom just happens to be from the same city as the moderator in question) can continue talking shit about me even after I am told to leave and haven't posted anything since.

The whole thing started with:

Rota? :facepalm:

You had a total of 20+ posts at the time. You had not posted a New Member Introduction so no-one knew/knows of your background. You have never posted a picture of your car, nor have you ever mentioned anything about your car. Have you owned ROTA wheels before? Did you have a personal experience to share with a ROTA wheel suffering a catastrophic failure? Or are you basing your judgement off of the internet?

Adding fuel to the fire was this:

Yes because buying $3k wheels for a car which brand new cost about $22k makes total sense. Get your head out of your ass.

You got this response due to the fact of all the reasons aforementioned.

Instead of trying to validate where you were coming from, and the reason you felt it necessary to dis-approve of the OP's photos, you posted this:

To all, Rotas are the bottom of the barrel and only made for people that don't care for their ride. I never said to buy expensive ass rims, but you can but a set of good quality rims that wont shatter when you hit a curb for just a little more than Rotas. Enkei makes great rims and are not pricey. Apperently having opinions in this forum is looked down upon though.

Again...what are you basing this from? Personal experience or stuff that you found on the internet. At this point in the game you STILL only have approx. 30 posts. But you STILL haven't validated your information...

Quality is quality, racing or not. Have fun the first time you hit a curb and your rim shatters. Im sure the stock rims wont shatter when they hit a curb. Good job on degrading the relaibility of your ride. But its oke I guess since it was only a $22k car.

Do you honestly think that a company would STILL be in business if their wheels were so poorly made? Honestly. Do you think ROTA would STILL BE IN BUSINESS if their wheels were anywhere near as terrible as you claim them to be? Word of mouth is a powerful business tool.

Are you completely at fault? No. However...what should've been the final nail in the coffin came with this:

True, Im done with responding to this guy anyways, obviously unfounded assumptions based on rocking cheap rims.

Then you should've been the bigger man, and just walked the hell away. But you didn't. And again...based on your post count, you were fighting against people that thought:

True, Im done with responding to this guy anyways, obviously unfounded assumptions based on rocking cheap rims.

Which is what everyone assumed YOU were making.

Then you make a post like this:

Yeah, just some newb thats been in the car scene since before you could drive. Don't hate on me just because you cheap asses can only afford Rotas and therefore ride thier dicks.

Which follows up with the OP's response of:

2007 LS460L

2010 Subaru 2.5i

2009 Jaguar XF SC

2009 Acura TL

2009 Acura MDX

I feel as though I'm either wasting my breath, or wasting my time.

If I'm out of line, my apologies. But these are my observations. If you prefer not to hear them, you should've PM'd a Site Admin.

And Gire is about the most UN-BIASED person you can meet.

I admited that I was also in the wrong, my issue is that I was the only one that got thrown under the bus publicly and even after being told to leave the thread or face moderation there are still members talking shit and no action has/was taken against them.

Archived