LegacyGT.com

petition to get RID of the front licence plate LAW in NJ

legacyboy8929

There's one here in CT too, but I don't have a plate, told dealer don't put those friggin holes in my bumper. One day I'll get a ticket, but until then I'll enjoy the clean front.

Don't put it on. Put the plate and one screw in your glove box. When you eventually get pulled over, tell the officer you were planning on putting it on, but were one screw short. Promise him you'll stop at Home Depot, Lowes, or your local hardware store. Hopefully they'll let you slide.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Good luck. On NJ cop forums they boast about using licence plate brackets (cannot cover any lettering on the plate, and that means any lettering, not the number) or window tint as probable cause for stops. The only thing the legislature in this state is capable of is passing new restrictive laws and lining their pockets. The day after they passed a so called property tax rebate it was revealed they had left the state pensions unfunded. Meanwhile they plot to to lease the Parkway and Thruway (bet that will save the driver's plenty). What a state. Countdown to adios for me.

Archived