LegacyGT.com

Am I the only one paranoid?

So I love this forum, but I think that it as well as my previous shitty experience with my last car has made me paranoid. Every noise, every vibration, every little thing puts my in a state of fear. I'm just so damn paranoid that my turbo is gonna blow up or my tranny is gonna break. My tranny shifts good and acts like it should (even tho I hate the clutch feel as well as the gating of the shifter) but the gear whine scares the shit out of me. I've never had a car have it before and I know it seems to be common among legacies. IDK, it just freaks me out. The turbo is what really scares me tho. I'm religious on changing my oil, have zero burnoff (knock on wood), and aside from the horrendous stock tune, it seems to work like it should. Normally, I wouldn't care if the snail blew, but they way they've designed it so that shards of metal get sent into the engine is a bit unnerving. Am I the only one?

All this ends up making me want to modify even more. It makes me want to get rid of the vf40 for a 68HTA turbo. It makes me want to get rid of the TMIC for a FMIC so that there is less chance of an explosive turbo throwing stuff into my engine. Those two things make me need more mods like fueling and exhaust mods. And the chances of me getting the stock turbo inlet off without effing it up, it slim, so I'll need one of those too. I bought this car to do very minimal mods and now, I want to go stage 3.

rant/

I hear you coldradio. The more time I spend hearing about other people's problems, the more I freak out.

All I can do is just enjoy it. Worrying about it does jack sh*t and even if it is going to blow, I might as well enjoy it while it still works.

I too though have the tranny whine.. What is up with that? Is it a sign of future problems?

half empty?

it means it's not full enough

Yes, it means you've only seen half the problems you can have in a GT.

jeesh:spin:

And the next think I am going to hear is:

"I can't even go pee by myself ...anymore..."

By the way "noises" and CELs are bad...

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

jeezus christ! start riding your bike then. or if you are so paranoid sell it and get a civic!! or maybe you just have bad luck with cars.

I"ve had mine since new and have 160k on it. change the oil religiously too and changed out my turbo at 98k as a preventative measure. my clutch went around 90k and that's it!

As I have said before many times, the surprising thing is when any of them actually run.

rao sometimes i can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. this is one of those times. :confused:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

it's got 160k on it don't it?:rolleyes:

Why does your car actually run :lol:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Your car has a built-in code reading system. I'm not sure the steps for the 05, since it's different than the 06, but it's on the forum, so do a search. Or buy a $15 VAG-COM cable, hook it up to your laptop and run Romraider with your car on. You can then check numerous parameters and watch in real time how your car is running. You can also download Learning View, which will give you a snapshot of any codes being thrown, as well as checking your AFR's and see if your car has learned to pull timing under various MAF readings and engine load numbers in all RPM/load ranges.

Archived