LegacyGT.com

Cleaning Engine Parts/Tubes/etc...

So, My engine is out, was media blasted, and all pretty, but all of the components that go on top of it look like crap.

So what's the best way to clean all of the vacuum tubes, fuel lines, intake manifold, etc..... ? Just a regular de-greaser and leave whatever's in them... in them? soak them in oxyclean? I don't want to use anything to harsh and mess up the rubber/plastic :spin:

Replace them. I spent maybe $100 total when my motor was out. Some I used generic vac hose from napa, the PVC hoses and stuff I got from the dealer. My intake mani was already clean , but it's plastic so I would assume some soap and water and elbow grease would clean it up nice. I use purple power sometimes.

Yup. I'd just replace them. You could scrub them and shine them up, but I'd rather skip the scrubbing and just get new tubes so you don't have to worry about anything.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4791.jpg

There's my engine after the new ej257. A few new hoses, just put it back in. the inside is what important.

Oh that's a new intake tube too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived