LegacyGT.com

XM harness

wera832

do you have the XM Module?? IT's a box attached to the bottom of the radio if so then all you need is the 20pin connector. It's hard to find it without the unit itself witch costs about $300 or so. But if your wanting to get an AUX-IN then all you need to do is contact a forum member SVXdc.

I have a 2008 head unit that came with the satellite tuner attached, and I am also missing the "Y" harness to hook up the head unit and tuner to the car harness. The wrecking yard must have left it on the car that the unit came out of. One of the local parts guys called Subaru to inquire if it is available, and it isn't. The best they could do was an "install kit" that includes the harness, antenna, hardware, etc. (everything except the tuner). IIRC they wanted about $100 for it. Next best shot is to try to find a car in a wrecking yard that has had the head unit pulled, but the harness left in.

I'm pretty sure that there is a harness that you can buy from Ebay or amazon that is not OEM or even meant for it but it should work since the lines and wires are the same for the ipod kits. I think it's called the Isimple Wire Harness. Look for Subaru Legacy as well.

yes I know this. It's a 20pin connector. It is used for the Ipod kit, Sat kit, and OEM Navigation for audio input. I have the connectors from when I was making the first plug and play wire harness for my OEM Navi install. The wire hanress that should be able to be used for the XM and ipod kit on our OEM radios is this one.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Aamp-America-Peripheral-Gateway-Harness/dp/B002IY79BY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361330836&sr=1-1&keywords=Pghsb1]http://www.amazon.com/Aamp-America-Peripheral-Gateway-Harness/dp/B002IY79BY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361330836&sr=1-1&keywords=Pghsb1[/ame]

Archived