LegacyGT.com

LGT wagon more cargo space than Forester?

Noobie here hoping to hear from some Forester to LGT people. We're considering trading our Forester for a LGT wagon and noticed that the LGT has more cargo space. I was mainly wondering how "usuable" it was. We're happy w/ the cargo space in the Forester, but the cargo area seems taller/more usable. I haven't checked out the LGT in person yet, just trying to get a feel from owners before I go to the dealer. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

It really depends on what you are carrying. My sister has a Forester. It's not as deep but it is taller. Most of the stuff I carry is lower than the height of the rear cover so it's not that big of a deal.

Yep, it definitely depends on exactly what you carry - my previous vehicle was a Forester XT, I can fit more of my normal junk into my OBXT because length matters more than height.

The main reason I switched was refinement - the FXT was rather noisy on the highway, driving 30k a year it got old.

Thanks for the replies. So what I'm gettin here is that the Forester is taller, but the LGT is longer, right? If so, that's good for us as I never really stack to the top of the Forester.

I agree with Brett on the refinement issue. I am a musician that has to haul around an upright bass violin. I could fit it into the Forester, but it would stick up through the front seats. When I tried the LGT wagon all I had to do was put down the 40 side of the rear set and it fits to the back of the front seat. This way I can accomodate two other musicians and their smaller instruments with me. The Forester will accomodate taller cargo than the LGT though.

Ed in Philly

much Much easier to carry dead bodies in the back of the wagon.

I take a nap back there during a lot of lunches.

:lol: ^^^

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

Archived