LegacyGT.com

Clutch time....again.

joeleodee

Well, my ACT HD clutch can no longer hold the power level I'm running especially in these frigid temperatures. Here is my setup.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/edmundus-turbo-lives-avo-450-tune-175414.html

This car for the most part is daily driven and as you can see, 400wtq+ in the cold just slips the clutch loose now even in third.

I need some suggestions as to its replacement. I don't mind the tighter engagement of the ACT I'm currently running since I'm used to it. However, I need something that will hold 500+ crank tq that won't be a bear to live with daily. Am I only dreaming?

Here's some initial possibilities that I'm considering.

-ACT 4 or 6 puck sprung clutch kit

-Clutchmasters FX400 4 or 6 puck clutch kit (thinking the 300-350 might not have the holding strength necessary in the long run.)

-SPEC STG3+ Clutch kit (though mucho $$$$)

Is there any other clutches available for the '05 LGT 5MT that I should be considering? I don't necessarily like my options especially since those 4 and 6 puck style clutches don't have the longevity that I'd like, but I understand I've got to pay to play. Any help is appreciated.

I'm not incredibly knowledgeable on the options out there, but I love my competition clutch. It's only their "stage 2", but I got it for the same reason (power threshold) but I'm not planning to go as far as you. GL!

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I have great luck with my Spec clutches. checkout their website.

A Spec 2+ or 3 should be fine.

Contact Mike at http://www.AZPinstalls.com he got me my Spec 2.

I had a 2+ for 85,000 mile and was happy with it. My Spec 2 is like stock, just grab's 10X better.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived