LegacyGT.com

Inevitable "Should I buy this" thread

seanyb505

Greetings all! I've been waiting for my current vehicle to sell before I go ahead and start looking and now I've got a buyer. Out of the four LGT's I've been looking at (3 wagons one 4dr) I wanted to see if anyone here knows anything about this car. (Previous forum member, hopefully?) From what I can see it looks fairly ok, although the pictures do show some circle marks on the FMIC highlighting some hmmm spots. Asking is right at blue book and mileage is the lowest I've seen within 200 miles.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ctd/3464444106.html

What I like - Mileage, closest distance, already modded with using quality parts based off my research. I don't know how soon I'd be able to start buying parts for a stock one, so this idea intrigues me.

Not a fan of - Its been heavily modded. What are those circles on the FMIC?

The 3 wagons (all 05)

106k for 11000 - no pictures available

153k for 8000 - high miles, same location as the 106k.

115k for 11000 - 2 owner, very stock with the large maintenance taken care of.

Thoughts? I appreciate it.

Seem's to be familiar. Concerns I would have are the upgrades. I would always be leery of buying a car with extensive mods like this one apparently has. No way to know if the previous owner beat on the car at that power level or not since its at a dealer.

Also, is the quality of work there for the installation of the parts? Receipts for work and/or parts?

How was it tuned? Is it still tuned? Does it come with the necessary tool's for tuning it (COBB AP, Open Source cable of some sort)

I would at least make sure a reputable shop, preferable somebody with knowledge of turbo platforms, do a thorough checkup on that car before you spend the money for it.

I wouldn't do the 153k mile wagon. The other two don't seem bad strictly based off of mileage and price. I would probably haggle a little lower, shooting for under 10k.

Well I went and test drove the 153k wagon since it appears it will be best for cash flows at the moment. Everything seemed okay on the surface, clean carfax with big ticket items replaced by a subaru dealership. There were a few things I noticed that I wasn't sure if they were due to regular aging - Shifter was smooth but seems to move slightly when engaging fourth, and the engine whined a little. I've never driven a turbo car so I'm assuming that was normal. Everything else was solid. No vibrations anywhere while driving.

Also, what does "put away wet" mean?

Means the dang thing was used and abused.

I have ~8000 miles on my new Subaru. I drive it like I stole it and rev to red line whenever I want and can. ;D Mileage says nothing concrete about how the car was treated except for the fact of how long it was used.

Archived