LegacyGT.com

Love my car, why don't you?

We need more positive threads, so much negativity....

I can't recall any car I have owned or driven that give me the feeling and joy this car does. I can't ever recall saying to anyone that I love driving a car. Every morning, when I get into my car, I can't help but enjoy the fact that I own this car! It's a good balance of value vs luxury vs power.

9 months of owning this car, I have had my issues, minor, but the more glaring thing is I still love driving it. I hope this feeling never passes.

Just thought I would share my ramblings. :icon_mrgr

As this is a forum for people to get information/feedback about problems, it's only natural that a forum such as this will get a disproportionate amount of negativity. Few if any new cars are without issues of some sort, any forum for any new car will no doubt have negative posts about issues people are seeing. Besides, a forum with nothing but positive threads would get boring! However, I share your thoughts, my LGT is easily the most pleasurable, comforable, and exciting car I've ever owned/driven regularly, and my issues have also been minor.

I absolutely LOVE this car! Best car I've ever owned by far.

Regarding the accused "negativity" of the board, I kind of see that as a breath of fresh air. I come from the F-Body community - where anything imported was rice, all Mustangs are slow, and GM doesn't make a single bad car. The ignorance and arrogance of the majority of that group was festering under my skin like ringworm. I'm so glad to be away from that crap... I still love the power of the throaty V8, but the juvenile, close-minded, punk-ass "my e-penis is bigger than yours" attitude had become just... so... old.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Like BJ said, I enoy my car, although there are some little niggling items that bother me. All in all, it's the best car I've owned.

Each and every car is gonna have problems. My best friend purchased his 06 lexus is 350 which is a very nice luxury car with 300+ hp at the same time i got the LGT. He jokes on my new LGT because it does not carry the cost nor the reputation of the new lexus. But, when he hit the 3k mile point he needed the rotors turned and the computer had an issue where it kept resorting to limp mode where it only allowed itself to 25% throttle no matter how hard you pushed on the gas. now whos complaining :)

all in all, the LGT IMO is the best bang for the buck when concidering power, luxury, and cost. But as stated, there is always the chance that things will go wrong on a new car, i mean look at my friends new " lexus" . Thank god for the warrnty.

Damn right Rony ... tell these folks to be positive about LGT ownership! I love when someone gets in, asks if it's a Scion or Daewoo then you start driving and they're looking all around the interior and reaching for something to hold onto. I'm in Houston, TX ... it's been mid-80s most of the month ... this morning dropped to 44degrees and the cold air hits the motor and the car comes alive even more ... best bang for the buck!

When assessing information we read in any forum I think we must also keep things in perspective. People in this forum or in any other forum made up of enthusiasts are likely to be much more passionate about their car than the average driver and therefore more likely to be critical of problems and discuss those problems since they are what they are interested in fixing.

But, you are right, we must not forget the good in trying to fix the bad. This is my first Subaru and I must say I am very impressed with my Legacy. It has it's quirks, yes, but I'd still buy it again.

Can't say it's the best car I've ever owned but it is for sure up there. I loved my 1988 mustang 5.0 gt convertable, and my 1998 jeep wrangler. Both were fun vehicles to drive. I will say that this car is the best conbination of luxury, speed, and comfort you could ask for. I've had no issues with this car at all, but I've only had it for less than 2 months. But with my past experience with subaru I don't expect any issues either.

I love my Pearl. Look forward to driving her all the time. Miss her when I don't. Love to tell people how much I love my car and have them ask me what I have. I tell them "it's just a Subaru...that does 60 in under 5 seconds". They just look at me. And I just smile.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

I love my car. I don't love the stutter or the poor paint, but I still love it. I can live with the paint and if I can fix the stutter then I can't imagine how to make it better. Well, other than the AC issue... Other than that it is the best car I have owned to date. Even with those issues it still excels in so many other areas that my previous cars fell short in.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

My best friend purchased his 06 lexus is 350 which is a very nice luxury car with 300+ hp at the same time i got the LGT. He jokes on my new LGT because it does not carry the cost nor the reputation of the new lexus. But, when he hit the 3k mile point he needed the rotors turned and the computer had an issue where it kept resorting to limp mode where it only allowed itself to 25% throttle no matter how hard you pushed on the gas.

the release date for the IS350 was October 17th.....am I missing something? your friend drive from Anchorage to Key West and back recently?

the release date for the IS350 was October 17th.....am I missing something? your friend drive from Anchorage to Key West and back recently?

I believe that's a tad over 3k miles ;) In any case, I love the car, and yes I imagine it will have problems. Hence the warranty. The one thing you do pay for with the more expensive cars (lexus and the like) is the loaner whenever you drop it off. None of the subaru dealers around here have them :(

Love the car too. I'm big on doing tons of research & comparisons before I buy so I haven't had a bad car yet. Not since I've be able to afford something decent. In the last few years I've had a 99 chrysler 300m, loved it, an 02 durango, loved it, but I definitely like my LGT the best so far. My other cars fit for what I wanted at the time. 300m-affordable luxury. Durango-nice suv. LGT-quick reliable car, great for my 80 mile round trip commute every day. All cars have little problems you wish it didnt.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I don't love my car because i thought it'd be perfect. It's not. I can't blame myself so i blame the car.

It just feels like the car has no soul. it's hard to explain. My justy rs i bought in 88 i liked more than this car.

I still might just get rid of it even though it'll waste alot of money.

j

Keep in mind what fun, use or interest would a forum be if most people posted, "damn, I luv my car...it's the best!" over and over? An enthusiast forum such as this only lasts as long as it's informative and attracts new members. Unfortunately, the reality is that a forum survives by a lot of people posting problems and asking questions about the same subjects over and over with plenty of bitching mixed in.

I was amazed recently when I got the answer to why my E/T on the computer posts --- most of the time just by posting here. I kinda bitched about the issue. It's almost certainly a bug, if you will, on the '06s that can be pretty easily worked around and the problem was resolved. That's a good, healthy, active community forum when I can ask and get an answer that simply.

That's why a lot of posts may seem negative I guess. People bitch about a problem because they are a big enough enthusiast to notice it, be bothered by it, want to fix it, and search out how to do it.

It'd be pretty tough to find someone who posts on this forum who'd say they hate their Legacy. So, I agree, it's nice to see a positive post on how we all love our Legacys at times....but I'm not bothered by the negative either. And we all need to keep all this in mind when we scare off some newbie by taking time out of our busy days to respond to a new post we didn't even have to read by saying "search, you damn newbie".

Oh, and every car I've bought has been the best car I've ever owned, mainly because I've lurked on these types of forums for months before I bought to be sure it was the car I was looking for, taking into account the money I had to spend.

i picked my car up on oct 28th and i have 4050 miles already, he picked his spiecal orderd lexus on oct 26th and has just over 3200.

it sucks when you live in the counrty and its a 75 mile round trip to wallmart. Plus my weekly 400 mile round trip commutes to VA beach don't aid in keeping the miles down anyway.

its just that both him and i drive ALOT. he commutes 80 miles one way from IVY VA, to Washington DC each day for work

I don't think anyone is saying there shouldn't be any negative posts -- I agree that it's healthy.

But somtimes it's nice to have a little affirmation!

I love this car. It is the best overall vehicle I've ever owned. My '93 and '94 Trans Ams had more low-end grunt, but they were crap like everything else GM makes. My '99 323i still had the best seats in existance. We won't talk about my '03 Camry (it burns! it burns!)

But as an overall package, the LGT can't be beat. This is the first car I've driven for a year and didn't spend the whole time thinking about what I wanted next or lamenting over what I should have gotten. It's not only a fun car, but I feel smart for having bought it every time I get in it.

It's a lease, but hell, I might just keep it!

well sir, you are on pace to have 86,956 miles on your car by your one-year anniversary

hope you got the extended warranty :eek:

Haha, very true. i just sold my 02 daily driver VW TDI jetta, 194k miles and never missed a beat. I will admit that that thing was a good car. Its 45 MPG average and ultra low maintance issues made it a good car as long as i didnt let the 90HP or high cost of deisel get to me.

but yea, i did get the gold plus subaru extended almost bumper to bumper warrnty.

Archived